Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Car Picnic

Yeah! One of the pros of having a car would be the comfy ride to work instead of squeezing with the crowd every morning. But since Cobby has to reach work at 8am and I at 8.30am, we have to leave the house at 7am. Which means... horror of horrors... NO TIME FOR BREAKFAST!

So the 1st few mornings was pretty miserable. Hungry, sleepy and boring traffic jams really got to us and I was considering go to work myself instead. Last night we stopped by Sun Plaza and decided to make breakfast the next morning. So we bought some frozen hot dogs and a themos flask!

This morning, while he was washing up, I boiled the water and poured it over the hot dog. While the dogs are heating up, I made the coffee into the themos flask. Then I cut open the hot dog bread, put in the hot dogs, add cheese and onions, pop them into the toaster and went to wash up. When I got dressed, Cobby had taken them out and placed them into a tupperware and we're ready to go!

So we had our little car picnic... yummy, toasty, cheesey hot dogs with onions. Then a nice cup of hot coffee. All while driving to work! Talk about making full use of time. So instead of dozing off behind the wheels, we were eating, drinking, chatting and laughing while listening to the morning radio. It's nice! We should do it again. Hmm what should we have tomorrow morning?

No comments: