Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jolie's Full Month Party

On 7th March 2009 we celebrated Princess Jolie's full month! We woke up early to give Jolie her bath with the Pomelo leaf. Actually we took some super cute pictures of her holding the leaf, but Mom says we shouldn't show the world her nude pics! Hahaha... Ok lah, so to respect Jolie's privacy, I uploaded a more decent pic.



After her nice bath we helped her have her ritual haircut. Well, most parents would shave the head completely, but I really don't want to shave away her beautiful long hair, she we just trimmed a little from the back.



My Godmother and friends arrived 1st. So happy to see her god-granddaughter! Haha... What a mouthful...




Everybody seemed to arrived at the same time around 12.30pm, so we were super busy. Thankfully Cobby's family helped take care of baby while Cobby and I entertained our guests. Even though I've cleared my camera memory and charged the battery, I hardly had time to take pictures! Sad!

Winsome, Char, Qing Ying and Mr Wong arrived later and they bought Jolie so many gifts! SO sweet of them~ Jolie is very blessed!




We ordered our buffet lunch from Mum's Kitchen and everybody loved it! Definitely recommend their laksa! In fact the laksa was so popular that my latecomers had to scrape the bottom of the pot for the gravy! Oops~ Haha, well at least they get to taste it. I was so busy, I only got to eat some of the other buffet dishes. No laksa for me! :(

After digging into the delicious buffet lunch, Winsome and gang even offered to set up the gift for us! (I found out later from char's blog that it was because they were sleepy! Haha...) Sorry guys, no time to entertain you all. So they retreated to the comfort of the study room to set up the mobile. They look like goldfishes behind the glass walls!



I've been to many full month parties, but I always find it a real bore. But that afternoon, I had really enjoyed myself. Many friends who are mothers gave me alot of advise, suggestions and encouragements. Even people whom I wasn't close with, like wives of Cobby's friends, were very kind and encouraging. I guess they were more sympathetic towards new mothers like me because they have been through it themselves and they understand. Very touched!

At the end of the afternoon, our last guests left and we finally got to rest! So happy to see all our friends after so long! But we've been up since 7am, so everybody was super tired, including baby, so she slept soundly very quickly.(thank goodness). We quickly cleaned up the house and washed up. Then we opened up all the gifts! Most of them were clothes, but because Jolie is so big, she can't fit many of the outfits! But we were very thankful anyway. Haha...

A small portion of her gifts...

Even though I was super tired, I didn't get to rest much as Mom had gone home to rest, which means I had to take over the night shift for the 1st time that night. Well, that's another story for another time. Meanwhile, what I like to remember of Jolie's full month party is the friends and family that came to share our joy. It was a great day!

No comments: