Sunday, May 3, 2009

CATS 2009

With the swine flu, we were expecting the Esplanade to conduct temperature screening, so we reached the theatre more than 30mins earlier. Surprisingly, there wasn't any temperature screening, just a simple contact tracing. I was surprised at the number of foreigners watching the show. We saw Japanese, Koreans, Chinese and Caucasians bringing the whole family along.




Anyway, the show was great! As compared to Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera, there was definitely more dancing in Cats, which was fabulous!



But there was some parts which was a little slow. The group was from England I think, so their accent was quite strong and many times I don't really know what on earth they were singing about! But overall, it was a great show and I enjoyed it tremendously!

My favourite part was "Mr Mistoffelees" where Adrian Ricks did a solo dance. FANTASTIC! Favourite song was definitely the whole group singing and dancing to "Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats". It was so upbeat and catchy! I was humming the tune even after the show. Cobby's favourite was "Memory" and he's still singing it at home now. :)

I love it that the Cats (cast) would, during the show, occasionally appear among the audience suddenly and prowl around! During the interval, some of the cats even mingle among the audience, which made everybody, especially the kids super happy. They would be go around like cats, prowling and meowing.




After the show I was humming the song and feel like dancing! I was very thirsty, so we went to the Max Brenner for a cup of super delicious Venezuela milk chocolate and a giant cookie! So rich and chocolately!




What a great way to end a great afternoon!

No comments: