Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mummy's Home Again!

My parents came back from Hong Kong on Friday the 24 April. As expected, Mom was trilled to see Jolie (and me) as she has been gone for about 3 weeks. Lots of gifts from my Sis! But they are all for Jolie only. Sigh, being the Princess has it's perks! One of my favourite was a pair of bunny slippers! SUPER CUTE!




Mom also bought Jolie a cute hat, which is pretty useful given the hot and sunny weather here in Singapore.



On Sunday we went over to their place to just hang out. Funny, my Dad, whom I have not seen for about 2 months, commented that I looked very fair, so did my Mom! Come to think about it, I have NEVER been said to be fair my WHOLE LIFE. Even as a child, I was quite tan from spending so much time outdoors and swimming. So it feels kind of weird! Haha, I think I need to get out of the house more.

Nearing dinner time, Mom suggested we ta-pao some food from the food court, so Mom and I carried baby to the shops downstairs. Before going to the food court, Mom suggested that we go walk around the supermarket. Which I find strange as we didn't have anything to buy anyway! But I just followed along as Mom carried baby into the air-conditioned supermarket and strolled to the fresh pork section.

There she said hi to the pork seller auntie, making casual conversations. (Apparently she knows mom) As usual, the auntie was like "Oooh is that your grand-daughter? Oh you're so lucky! Wah she's so cute!". After the supermarket, Mom once again detoured to another nearby store and hovered around the cashier counter, with the baby in her arms, just saying hi... Then the old couple had the same reaction as the pork lady.

Then it occurred to me... Mom was showing off her grand-daughter!

She was just carrying her around like a trophy, waltzing into shops that know her and waving the baby in front of them. Of course she didn't say "Hey everybody! Look at my grand-daughter!", but it's pretty obvious loh! Hahaha... I wanted to laugh...

The old couple was very nice and friendly, the fat auntie even carried Jolie awhile. My Mom keep saying, "soon it will be your turn!". I think the auntie wants a grand child too, so she was a little envious. Haha.. Mom's a show-off.

Anyway, we spent the whole afternoon at my parent's place and left only after dinner. It was really nice chatting with my parents again. Life can be a little boring when you don't have your family around.

No comments: