Friday, May 7, 2010

New and Old Stuff

Taking of Jolie is actually no so bad. It's waking up several times a night that was really torturing me. I have a full time job of taking care of baby, cooking and cleaning and not being granted a good night sleep was like working a 24 hours shift everyday.

As Jolie wasn't be able to tell me what was bothering her, I had to crack my brains to solve the mystery myself. It wasn't easy, there could be dozens of reasons and trying to figure it out at 3am in the morning can really drive you nuts.

So finally, I guessed that maybe my baby needs more space as she tends to roll around when she sleeps, like me! So I dragged out the mattress and tried it out.



There seems to be some improvements during the 1st few nights. She would still wake up, but the frequency has reduced to about once or twice, which was enough for me to thank the heavens above. Now, I'm happy to say that she would sometimes sleep through the night. Very 感动! I guess this is another phase in Jolie's life that we need to ride through. She's still not ready for a child's bed, maybe when she's 2 or 3, we'll get her a bed, with safety railings of course.

Moving on, bought a new pair of shoes for Jolie! Squeaky shoes! Now I know where she is all the time. Haha... She likes them too! She'll stamp her foot just to make lot's of noises.



We were on our way over to MIL's place. Jolie was opening all the drawers at MIL's place as usual, snooping around, when we found some antiques in the drawer!

It was their old camera! Haha... I forgot how big and bulky they were! Can't imagine we used to bring this to travel. SO heavy! The dinosaur may be heavy and bulky, but the pictures came out pretty good. I was surprised that Jolie knew how to look through the camera and pretended to take pictures of everybody. She must be mimicking us taking photos.



Deeper in the drawers, I found another antique. This was a really cool discovery! A Kodak Ektra 12 Camera.



MIL is really good at keeping things. Original packaging in good condition! It even works! (I tried) I guess that all it needed was the film and we probably could take photos with it.



MIL said that her ex-husband bought it when Cobby and his sis were still very little. I opened up the plastic packaging and found the negatives! When I looked at it in the light, they were images of everyday things, like a teapot, a signboard, cupboard, etc. I could imagine Cobby's dad, like every guy in history, coming home and happily trying out his new toy, snapping pictures of everything.



I wondered if the photo developers knew how to develop such unique negatives. (They were very small and slim) Wouldn't it be cool to take a look at those everyday mundane items, frozen in time and kept away in the drawers?

No comments: