Friday, July 23, 2010

Hand Made Shelf

With the bulky CPU and monitor gone, Cobby's side of the study table has been drastically cleared. But the scanner as always bothered me, like, 美中不足. I wished there was somewhere we can put the scanner!



I voiced my frustration to Dad and he suggested that he make a little shelf for us. But time passed and he never mentioned it again, even I forgot about it. The day before yesterday, when he came over in the morning, he took down the measurements for the shelf! Imagine my surprise when the very next day, Mom called me and said that she's bringing over the shelf. I didn't expect it to be done so quickly!



Mom joked that Dad was so proud of his creation that he was constantly stroking it, complimenting his own craftsmanship. She brought it over immediately as she was worried that Dad would keep it for himself! Haha...

I was so impressed by it. It's beautiful, with a slight antique feel to it. Of course, it's special as it's hand made by my father. I will treasure it forever! It fits like a glove, the measurements perfect.



I love it!

No comments: