Friday, July 16, 2010

In a shopping mood

Actually, I didn't intend to buy anything. Really. But try walking down Orchard Road these few weeks during the GSS and see if you can resist all the giant SALE signs screaming at your face. "BUY ME! BUY ME!" they say, how can I say no?

OK lah, I was just exaggerating. I didn't really buy much stuff. Let me try to recall...
Mango T-Shirt
Mango 3/4 denim jeans
Handbag from Tangs
Pretty rubber band for my hair
New haircut plus shampoo
2 new Glee albums
Twilight, the novel

I was tempted to buy a Miu Miu handbag, or make Cobby buy it for me, but I don't think I'm the type of people who knows how to take care of an expensive bag, so, we opt to spend the money on a new pair of Oakley Sunglasses for me! Jolie destroyed my al-cheapo sunglasses, so I finally bought a new one.




I didn't even noticed, but it turns out that it was the exact same model as the one I bought for Cobby, but mine was brown. Haha, so now we're even. It's a great sunglass for driving purpose, I can see everything so clearly, especially on a blindingly hot day!

I bought the Twilight book on Tuesday at Popular, as I couldn't bear sitting at the hair salon for hours reading boring magazines. It was surprisingly good! I bought it as some friends say the book is much better than the movie, and I must agree! So far I've only watched Twilight on SCV, and thought the show was only so-so. The book was more light-hearted, in fact, more like a romantic novel with a vampire twist to it. Unfortunately, because I know who are the actors in the movie, I couldn't visualize my own version of the characters. But it's ok as I looked forward to reading more about Jacob Black...



SLURP... so anyway, I've finished the whole book by Thursday night. Now I've got nothing to do, so will be getting the next book soon. :)

I wasn't the only one in the spending mood! Cobby has finally decided on buying a new car. Well, it's not new, it's a 2nd hand Citroen, we don't believe in buying new. Anyway, it's a really good deal and we're getting it this coming Monday! Will update more on this. Yeah, new car!

No comments: