Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Teacher's Day 2011

It's teacher's day soon, and I wanted to give Jolie's teachers a gift to thank them for taking care of my baby. So I have been looking around for the right gift. Unfortunately, all the presents are SO LAME! All were crappy fake flowers, cheapo towels and soft toys that weren't even cute. -_-

So I think I would do what I do best, which is to bake something. Practical and yummy! So I made a big batch of almond biscotti, which was perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.


Then I put them into ziplock bags and wrapped them up in coloured tissue paper. These are the ones that clothing shops use to wrap up clothes. They are great as gift wraps, or stuffing into a gift box. Reuse, reduce, recycle! :)


I think Jolie should contribute some to the presents too, so I got her to scribble on some construction paper as background design, and I added the cut out wordings to make the front of the card.


Jolie also helped to decorate the inside of the card.


Before class started, I was talking to some grandparents. One of them said that her 12 year old granddaughter spent the whole night preparing almost 30 gifts for ALL the teachers that has ever taught her, from Primary one to six. It was her last year in primary school, so I guess it was her way to thank all her teachers. I thought that was really impressive, that a 12 year old would have such great personality traits such as generosity, gratitude, determination and perseverance to prepare so many gifts. Of course, I think the parent who had to help her out must have had a hard time too! Haha...

I wonder what kind of child would Jolie grow up to become? Would she be the grateful one? Or would she be the bochup type? Anyway, hope the teachers enjoyed their presents. Happy Teachers Day!

No comments: