Saturday, August 27, 2011

Singapore Presidential Election 2011

Amazing, we have 2 elections within a year! The last one was the General Election, which was very exciting. This time round was the Presidential Election, which, honestly, wasn't as exciting for me. Personally, I could not make up my mind on who to elect, even when I was standing in the voting booth, staring at the ballot paper. Because I thought that all four candidates were qualified to be the next President of Singapore.

It's such a coincidence that all four candidates have the surname Tan.

Dr. Tony Tan
Dr. Tan Cheng Bock
Tan Jee Say
Tan Kin Lian

So on 27 August 2011, we headed to the same school behind our block to cast our vote. Like they say, voting is secret! But I will give you a clue on who did I vote for.


  1. It's definitely a "TAN" 
  2. There's a 50% chance that he's a Dr.

Sorry, lame joke... Cobby taught me that. Haha...

That afternoon, while we were out, I want to commemorate this special day by enjoying a TAN-tart (egg tart) for tea time.


Hohoho.... another lame joke... Sorry, inspired by Bread Talk.


So anyway, for details on the Election, click here

Cobby and I hung out at Vivo City that afternoon, and saw that they were having the mooncake festival there.


We usually buy our mooncakes at the annual fair at Takashimaya, but since we were there, we might as well get it here this year.


We also bought these adorable plates from Daiso, aren't they cute!!??


For dinner we headed to one of favourite place, Peramakan, which was at Keppel Club. Ended up a little late to pick up Jolie that evening, but it was really enjoyable. :)

No comments: