Friday, June 27, 2008

Day Out with Mummy, and so on...

I know, it's been so long since Ive updated anything. Busy mah! So with the coming of the weekends again, here are some quick updates for my last week.

15 June (Sunday)
Finally got to try out Botak Jones. My review? Check it out here.

The whole week was swamped with work as we were having our Library stock check. It's my first time doing it so it was really quite hectic! But it's quite fun running around once in awhile. Usually my work requires me to sit still and just stare at my PC monitor the whole day. O_O (Ass growing bigger by the day)

Got an interesting treat on Friday morning! Zinc gave me a bean curd tart in the morning, bought by another colleague. Usually I'm not a fan of these soy base food, but I just gave it a try anyway.

Looks like egg tart... Smells like egg tart...
Taste like... soya milk inside a tart!


Het it's actually quite nice! The bean curd filling is very smooth and taste like soya milk. And it goes very well with the buttery tart. Yum. Interested? Go check it out here

Yeah weekend is here again! On Saturday I took Cobby's car and went shopping with my Mummy. It's pretty exciting really, cause it's my very first time driving without Cobby around since I got my license. At some point I was even driving alone! So cool right!

So went to pick up mummy and we headed to Mandai cremetorium first. Brother's wedding is coming up in July, so Mum wanted to pray to my late grandparents, to sorta "inform" them of the good news. Erm, I never drove there before, so it took awhile to get the directions right. But we managed to find the place, pray pray, and left the place.

Headed to the OG shopping centre at People's Park to search for an outfit for mum. She needed something for bro's wedding dinner, so we tried on a few outfits before finding something that we like. It's been so long since I went out alone with mum, so it's really nice as we went shopping for clothes together, went for lunch, shop somemore until our legs ache. Then we sat down for some coffee and snacks as we chatted away.

While chatting, mum mentioned that a friend once bought her some really nice 大包 (steam pork buns), so I suggested that we drive to the shop and buy some of those lovely buns she described. It was at Joo Chiat Road, another place which I've never drove there before so finding the place was quite a challenge. On top of that, the area is well known for it's narrow streets, heavy traffic and confusing roads. So it was quite stressful and challenging finding our way there.

Let's just put it this way. As much as I love her, I would definitely NOT join the Amazing Race with my mum. I would predict that we would be the first team ever to kill each other.

Luckily with my amazing driving and navigational skills, we found the place. Which was just a tiny little store selling baos and dim sums. So we bought a few boxes and headed home. We took a little longer to get home as we didn't know how to leave Joo Chiat Road to get to the highway! On top of that, I missed 2 turns and almost got hit by an idiot who cut into my lane suddenly becuase he needed to turn out at the exit. Luckily I managed to avoid him in time. F**king asshole. Sigh... male drivers...

After dropping my mum off I was feeling really super. A fantastic day out with mum and on top of that, I got to drive on so many challenging roads! So when I saw a parallel lot at my carpark, I was feeling like the master of the universe. So I went for it.

I managed to get my car into the lot at one go, but then when I check outside the door, it was a little near the outer line. Dissatisfied, I tried to slowly back up the car further back into the corner. I was waiting for the safety reverse "beep beep" sound to come but it never came, so I continued backing until "CRACK" What was that!!?? "must be the exhaust pipe scrapping the sidewalk" I thought. But inside, a nagging feeling keep surfacing. So I quickly finish parking and got out to inspect.

OOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!







I've actually backed the car into the corner of the pillar!!! Eeeks... Oh shit why was I so careless! Cobby's gonna be so upset! So I went home to see his smilely face, welcoming me back home, which makes me feel even more bad! So I presented him with gifts of food, saying how much I love him and asking if he love me too!? Then he suspected something when I'm smiling a little too much. So I had to tell him and apologised profusely. I'M SO SORRY!!


Well it turns out that he's ok with it, he's just glad that I backed into a pillar and not into someone's car. I asked if he's gonna fix it or not but he said that maybe we'll wait till new year before giving it a buff and shine and fix the cracked area. I feel so bad... But he just said it's ok and say that this should not affect my interest in driving. So sweet right!!?? Sob Sob...


Sigh.. what a dramatic Saturday. My very first car accident. Hope it's the last!

No comments: