Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson Is Dead

On Friday morning, Cobby sent me a sms:

Morning sweetie! How r u n baby? Heard over the radio Michael Jackson pass away due 2 heart attack. Shocking! U take care! Love u much n kiss!

I was absolutely shocked! THE KING OF POP IS DEAD?!? What happened??

I find it so strange... Now that he's dead, the TV channels and people are all sympathetic, talking about how wonderful he was, all the good he's done, all his achievements, etc. Yet, not long ago, people were calling him names like 'Wacko Jackco', making fun of him and criticising him. What a bunch of hypocrites. Only when he's gone did people realise how great he was! If only he knew how much people loved him. I guess that's human behavior.

Yes, he may look weird, but I never believed that he did all those terrible things that he was accused of. Besides, we grew up listening to his songs, so yeah, I was pretty sad that he's gone. My brother and I loved dancing and singing to hits like Smooth Criminal and Bad, I remember sis and her secondary school friends learning a Michael Jackson dance for a school performance. We loved all his fantastic music videos such as "Black or White" and "Smooth Criminal". Even I was in a group singing of "Heal the world" for a school performance. It was crappy but memorable.. Haha...

Mom said that he should have died earlier.. (She never really liked him) In a weird way, maybe that's true! I mean, when you become really big, you should die earlier in order to promote yourself to Legend status. Sounds mean, but being dead means that you would live forever in the minds of people as the perfect beautiful being that could do no wrong. Think Marilyn Monroe and Elvis.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. Rest in peace Michael Jackson, King of Pop!

No comments: