Monday, October 5, 2009

Staying Over At Mom's

Cobby's overseas, so Mom suggest that Jolie and I stay over at her place so that she can help me take care of Jolie while not neglecting Dad. This would be the first time Jolie's spending the night at a place other than her own home, and my goodness, she's got so much stuff to pack!

When I told dad about it, he said that when we were little, Mom and Dad had to pack tons of stuff when we spend the weekend at grandma's place too! In fact, because there were three of us, they had three times the amount of stuff. Haha, I didn't even notice that we had to bring so much luggage. I guess when you are a child you don't really care how much work your parents do for your sake. Things would naturally be there when you need it.

It was fun, staying over at my Mom's place, a few years ago, that was my home. I chatted with parents, they played with Jolie, and I got to enjoy Mom's yummy meals! Dad was even inspired to whip up some Donuts!



Well, they don't look very pretty, cause he lost his metal donut moulds, he had to use a little shot glass to cut out the ring. But it still tasted great! What a treat! It's great to stay over at my Mom's place. It's nice to have another adult to talk to instead of facing baby alone all day everyday. Besides, Baby had alot of fun at her grandparent's place too!

Learning to stand up on the mattress...



Grabbing everything on the coffee table...



She loves to play with paper and tearing it up...



Basically likes anything new, even this mooncake tin is fascinating to her!



Of course, her favourite, zipping around the house in her walker...



And spending some quality time with her grandparents...



At night Jolie and I slept in my bro's room so that she won't disturb others when she wakes up at night. We retreated into the cool comfort of the air conditioned room but she wasn't sleepy yet, so we played for awhile.



She was in such a giggly mood.



I'm so glad that my parents are around when Cobby was suddenly sent away for work. It was a fun staying over, I think we can do this more often!

No comments: