Monday, March 22, 2010

Japanese Lessons

How time flies! One moment I was signing up for my Japanese lessons, the next moment I was at my eight and last lesson. I was so glad that I signed up for these lessons as it offered me an opportunity to learn and do something other than taking care of baby Jolie! I can honestly say I'm a happier person when I have some "ME" time and of course, being a happy person means being a better Mom too. :)

I really enjoyed the lessons. Our first teacher only taught us for 2 lessons before they changed to another 2 teachers. Ms Yamamoto on Monday and another on Thursday (Oops I forgot her name). Both teachers are extremely cute! I don't know, is it a Japanese girls thingy for them to be so cute? It's like they just jumped out of a Japanese Anime or something. It's not like the disgusting Im-old-but-I-like-to-act-cute kind of cute, but their voice, expression and body action is very animated. We kept laughing among ourselves because we were so surprised that a 30-something teacher can be so cute. But it definitely makes the lesson more interesting!

Another thing I like was their notes. I like the cartoon they use.





This is the funniest. 'Shinu' means "to die". Before teacher gave us the translation, we kept wondering what is that, and when she told us, we all burst out laughing! She was quite puzzled as to why we find that so amusing. I don't know, it's cute right?



I think I was an OK student, there are those much better than I, but there's also some who are totally clueless, I felt bad for them. There are three types of Japanese lettering, Hirigana, Katakana and Hanji. For elementary 1 we learnt Hirigana, the curly Japanese lettering you see, and I can now read and write them quite easily. :)Of course, reading is one thing, understanding is another! My vocabulary is still quite limited!

Anyway, like I said, it was the last lesson, and the last lesson consist of a little test! Yes... the "T" word. SO SCARY! Like I said, I'm an OK student, but I really want to do well! There's an oral test and a written test. Suay Suay! I'm the first to go for the oral test! I feel so disadvantaged because we actually came out after the oral test and waited together with those who haven't gone in and we sort of discussed (a little) what was tested! Hey, if I'm last, I can use my waiting time to read up on what's tested! Argh!

We can leave immediately after the written test and the teacher said that the results would be sms to us tomorrow. But on the way home, I received an sms!



Yeah! I passed! What a great sense of achievement! I really wanted to continue and learn more, so must go check out the schedule! Yeah!

No comments: