Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Things


Wanna share a few items that I bought during my trip to Hong Kong and Taipei.




Adorable Totoro side sling coin pouch



Soft and cuddly Totoro handphone holder



Super cute Totoro tissue box cover



Funny and cute action toy kitty that waves its arms and legs when you pull the string



And the ultimate crowd pleaser… the super sweet, super pink Hello Kitty calculator!





Apart from the tissue box cover, which I kept for my own home, I’ve placed all the above items in my office. As you would have guessed, they have been attracting a lot of “Oooos…” and “Ahhh…” and “Oh My God So Cuuuuuuute….!” from the ladies in the office. One friend even confides in me that she’s so tempted to take away my cutey calculator for her own use. -_-“



I jokingly told her that if the calculator goes missing she would be my main suspect!



That same lady wondered why I filled my table with so many cute stuff!?


Was I deprived of cute things as a child she asked? Hahaha…. No… I had a wonderful childhood filled with lots of toys and sweets. Most things that I want, I was fortunate to have.


These things, which some would call junk, are what I call ‘Happy Things’. Lots of people buy happy things. Like what the name suggest, these things make you happy, makes you smile. I’m sure when you saw the above pictures of my Happy Things, a little smile surfaced on your face?


The power of these Happy Things is that, not only does it make me smile just by looking at them; it made the people around me happy too! Yes, they may be smiling at the absurdity of it all but they are smiling nonetheless.


We are faced with so many worries and frustrations everyday, so why not make ourselves happier with a little something? Yes, yes… the bimbo factor may be there, but sometimes it’s worth it. If something so small and cheap can make you smile just by looking at it, own it and be happy! Cheaper then Prozac… Hahaha…

No comments: