Saturday, May 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Meow....

I opened my weary eyes to find out that I've slept with my glasses still on my face and the tv and lights in my room is still on. It's not that it didn't happen before, just that I never had them on all the way till dawn.

I took off my glasses, went outside the room and yelled at my cat to shut up. Came back into the room, switched off the lights, my handphone charger and popped back to bed. Oops, forgot about my tv. Heck it. Without moving away from my cosy bed and warm blanket, I used my toe to lower the volume and continued round two of my beauty sleep.

I vaguely remembered waking up again at 9.30am to some DIY tv show before drifting off again. Next thing I knew, it's 11am.

Man that was a great sleep.

The house was quiet as my parents were not back yet from the Hong Kong trip. I slept around 2pm last night after coming back from Some's place. Yah I got my nails done. They look gorgeous!! :) The trip to Hong Kong with my sparkling nails (see my last blog entry) has been a real nightmare and I'm glad that I got rid of it. Apart from the discomfort, they were getting really fugly.

Thank you again Some for her services. :)

Anyway, mom's coming back in the afternoon so I quickly (and very carefully) settled all the laundry. Cooked some instant noodles and coffee for brunch before settling down for a blog.

I exhaled a deep sigh when I was doing the laundry just now. It's so peaceful and quiet, I felt so relaxed. The trip has been fun, but it was filled with late nights, early mornings, noise, pollution of big cities and schedules packed at every minute.

It's nice now. I savour my solitude, blogging on a saturday afternoon, the soft jazz music played on while the fan hums in the background. I savour it because I know that it would be short lived. Soon I'll be going out to pick up my parents at the airport. The house would be filled with people moving around, chatting, laughing.

Looking forward to that too! :)

2 comments:

LilMrsT said...

Enjoy it while you can. Once you have kids, you won't have the same kinda peace anymore. Maybe you will have some peace when the kids are outing with dad but then you will miss them.

The peace can no longer be enjoyed the same way.

:-)

Miss CoCo said...

Haha... wat a delimma isnt it? U long for peace and quiet and yet when u do get them, u miss the kids.