Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Weekends

I love my weekends.

It has evolved over the years...

When I was in my childhood, weekend meant the end of school week and usually we'll spend the night at my po po's (grandma) place where we'll spend our time eating junk food, watch loads of tv, read comics (usually doraemon), play with my paper dolls and go crazy at the playground downstairs. Po Po would fry chicken wings and french fries for breakfast and buy us loads of candy :)

On Sundays we usually would go to the beach. Mom would prepare the picnic basket, we'll bring all the buckets (for sand castle) and inflatable stuff and we'll spend the whole day at the beach, usually Changi.

My teenage weekends were a refuge from school work. Friends would 'hang' around the shopping area, eventhough we dont' have any money to spend. Haha... Movies and people-watching were our favourite past time. I miss the carefree days hanging with my girlfriends. ;)

Adult weekends was great too! We may meet up with friends less, but each meeting was more treasured. We shared our family life, love life and career life. Not forgetting the yummy gossips on other classmates or schoolmates! Ahem, I meant, updates, not gossips.

Ah, how can we forget the sweet weekends spent with our darlings? Of course we start with "my boyfriend", then later on we graduated to "my hubby" :") The holding hands, doing things you enjoy together, doing stuff that you don't usually do with your friend. Like, going for a stroll at the Botanical Gardens on a hot sunny day. -_-'''

Even if you didn't have anything to do, being in each other's company is enjoyable. :D

Nowadays, our weekends have evolved once again. Gone were the days where we'll fill each day to the brim with activities such as visit to the Zoo, Bird Park, Sentosa, any other local tourist attraction you can find and end off the day with a evening view of the city at Mount Faber. After a hectic work week, we now find solace and comfort in nesting at home.

We just love to wake up early on weekend mornings, go out for a nice breakfast, shop for groceries and hang out at home. In the evening, we'll make home cook meals together and continue to hang out in front of the tv until the end of the weekend comes.

Very boring right... But we enjoyed it so much! During our trip to Hong Kong, the schedule was so hectic! We missed rotting at home... Hahaha!

Sigh... does that mean that I'm aging?

Seems likely.

I used to be pretty fearful of growing old. I can't imagine myself being like, 60 or 70 years old. But in a blink of an eye, I've unknowing reached my late twenties. What happened to my early twenties? Where did they go? It does feel pretty strange how time flies. Did you notice how much your parents have aged?

I still have a morbid fear of death, but not my death, but fear of death of people I love. Do you know I use to have nightmares of that? But I guess in life, two things will always be inevitable, and that's death and taxes. When it does happen, what else can we do but accept it?

Until then, I will continue to love the people around me as much as I can, and not forgetting to enjoy every weekend I have with them...

1 comment:

LilMrsT said...

You are tagged! See my blog.