Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Nightmare

I believe that if I voice out my dream or nightmare, it would not come true. That's why I wanted to share with as many people as possible about my horrible nightmare last night.

When I told my friends that I had a terrible nightmare last night, they immediately ask if it was the usual, ghouls and ghost, falling, trapped, etc. I felt that the scariest type of nightmare would be the ones you find it hard distinguishing the real from imaginary.

In my dream I was told that a family member of mine was dead.

I was so devastated and shocked that I defiantly refused to believe that it was true. I remember repeating "it's not true, it's not true!" The pain and the anguish of losing a love one was so real and overwhelming that I had to force myself awake to escape the dream. The worst thing was when you fall asleep later and the horrible dream continues to plague you instead of changing into another dream.

I awoke and slept again so many times, that after awhile I can't distinguish whether I'm asleep or awake, and that's worst. Because I started dreaming that I was awake, asking others if this was true and having people confirming that yes, he is dead. Do you know how scary that is?



So this morning I woke up feeling very exhausted and weary. During breakfast, I know this sounds crazy but, when I was chatting with my parents and I mentioned the person (who died) in my dream, I actually paused for awhile and watched their expressions, half expecting them to react just like how they did in my dream, with sympathy and sorrow and tell me that he's passed away. Thankfully, they just looked back at me and waited for me to continue with what I wanted to say. So I'm happy to confirm that it's just a dream. No one died.

SO I guess the only victim here would be me, because that bloody dream robbed me of my precious slumber. But even as I passed my day at work half awake, I’m secretly relieved. And just to make sure, I'll take every possible opportunity to tell my tale.

No comments: