Monday, July 2, 2007

Ready - Get Set - Go!!!

Humph! Didn’t really feel refreshed after the weekend because we did so many things! On Saturday morning, woke up at 8am to go have breakfast at my sister’s place with my parents and cobby. We discussed about the wedding preparations after breakfast and we sort of listed out all the things that needed to be done.

Well, on one hand, it’s good to list things down as it gives us a clearer perspective. When you put everything into words it seems more organized and less scary. But on the other hand, it also showed us how much we have NOT done and that made us pretty green in the face after the meeting.

-_-lll

So, it’s ok! It’s not too late; the wheels have been turning non-stop since then. After the meeting we went to collect the wedding cards, grab a quick bite and tried to find my kua embroidered slippers all over Chinatown. I found one that I quite like, but no size!!! Disaster!! Ok lah, if by the end of next week die die cannot find one that I love, I’ll just get any other designs available. Slipper can’t get, end up with another pair of blue satin heels and a yellow spaghetti top. Sigh hopeless…

Quickly get home to start the ‘production line’! We chose to buy and tie our own ribbons for the wedding cards. After an hour’s work, we had to set off again to meet Cobby’s family for dinner at East Coast. We could have finished early if people could only turn up on time. Tsk. Anyway, I don’t want to repeat myself, you can read my last blog to know how LONG we’ve waited.

By the time we reach home, we’re so tired we can’t do anymore work. Slept like a freaking log… K.O.

Woke up at 8am on Sunday morning. (again) Because 1 July 2007 is the day Cobby and Cobby mama come to my place to 提亲… (To ask for my hand in marriage) :*)

It didn’t take too long actually. In summary, we spent a total of 10mins having small talk, 30mins talking about what both parties need, and another 10mins in awkward laughter. Haha… Overall it was pretty ok.

According to Cantonese tradition, Cobby need to give the bride lotus paste pastry on the day of the wedding, so we went down to Chinatown (again) to show Cobby and his mama where to buy, but the shop didn’t open on Sunday! Oh well, now that they know where’s the place, it’s their problem now. Bought some more stuff for the wedding before finally escaping from the mothers and went home to continue working on the cards.

Let’s see what we’ve done so far. We’ve folded 225pieces of inserts, 205 cards, cut countless ribbons and tied 100 cards. Today both my index fingers are slightly redden and swollen. Think I’ll take one day break before continuing the rest on Tuesday. Looking at the pretty ribbons I tied made it pretty worth while. I’ll target to complete by Wednesday! I can do it!!!!!!!

No comments: