Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cobby's Phone


There isn’t a doubt how much I love my dear Cobby, but seriously, sometimes I just can’t stand his mobile phone.


It was such a nice Friday evening, so I suggested that we go somewhere outdoors to dine. So we went to East Costs Park Food Centre and found ourselves a nice clean seat facing the beach. Nice...
When all the food arrived, the phone started to ring.


What?!


Does the other guy have ESP or something? So I waited patiently as he spoke to his colleague and even helped him take down a number of another person.
When he hung up, he placed the phone on the table, so I was quite pleased. I did tell him off before that he always ruin meal times with his endless calls, so I happily thought that he has finally changed this bad habit.
I was wrong.
I casually asked if he needed to call the number I took down, but I meant AFTER dinner. But apparently he mistook it that it’s ok for him to call the person immediately, and he excused himself from the table to make the call before I had the chance to protest.


Fine.


I started eating without him, but he took so long that I was almost done eating by the time he came back. I was so pissed at him. Would it kill him to call after dinner? Such a nice place, nice dinner and I was practically eating it myself.


He can tell I was upset and said that he was sorry. I told him to forget about it but seriously, I knew he wasn’t sorry. If you are sorry, you wouldn’t have kept doing something over and over again. I kept my mouth shut because I don’t have anything nice to say to him at that moment.


After dinner, he asked if I wanted to take a walk by the beach. That would have been nice because it has been awhile since we’ve done that but I just don’t have to mood anymore.


I hated his colleagues who always call him about work even after working hours.

I hated that he always allow them to invade his life even after hours, at the expense of our private time.

I hate his phone.

No particular reason, not always, but when these things happens, I really hate his phone. I always imagine snatching it from his ears and smashing it to the floor. Oh yah, not forgetting to stomp on it several times.


I know that won’t happen, but hey, a girl’s allowed to dream right….?

No comments: