Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just Another Saturday?

We woke up bright and early on Saturday cause Cobby promised that we’ll go for breakfast at my favourite porridge store at Tiong Bahru Market. It’s been awhile since we’ve been there for breakfast so it was really enjoyable. Nothing like a nice hot bowl of porridge to warm the stomach in the morning!



We then drove down to Gramophone at Takashimaya to get some DVDs, but the store’s not even open yet. Have you ever been to Taka in the morning? Japanese stalls selling fresh produce from Hokkaido enthusiastically serving early birds (or early aunties) and shouting their thanks after each transaction. Tourist crowding around Ya Kun, eager to try out the local breakfast of Kaya toast, eggs and coffee. Best of all, you get to stroll along the shopping center without having to bump into endless crowds.



I even managed to get a nice new top from Nike. Yeah! Can wear for my next aerobics lesson…After grabbing a few DVDs, we ta-pao Yaki Tori’s lunch box for lunch and headed back home.



We watched Antonio Banderas shake his cute bootie in movie Take The Lead over lunch and hung around at home till dinner time. I wasn’t in the cooking mood that day, so I suggested that we eat out. We were low on ideas, so I visited ieatishootipost.blospot.com and found this post about this E.Blackboard, fine cuisine in a coffeeshop, I heard about it before, but I never tried before, so we decided to give it a try.







Calamari ~ Very Good! Must Try... Really



The French Onion Soup is not bad, abit thin though... broth not strong enough



Cobby had grilled pork chops with cajun flavoured chips. Pretty Good he says...





I had the Ribeye ~ Normal loh... not bad tasting, nothing fantastic either...




Eh… Honestly, nothing fantastic. Let’s just say I had better. But for that price range, (super cheap) it’s pretty ok.





Total bill only $31.50!


After dinner we walked around the little park next to the coffee shop and even stopped to play with a cat for awhile. My heart warms up when the cat started purring, meowing and rub against my legs. I wanted to wash my hands before we went off, and Cobby had to go to the gents, so we went back to the coffee shop again.


While he was inside, my phone rings ~ and the caller ID said it’s Cobby? No toilet paper?






Imagine my surprised when a woman’s voice answered.





Apparently he left his phone at the coffee shop table and a kind Samaritan picked it up and contacted whoever was on the calling list. 感动! We couldn’t thank her enough! Thank goodness we were playing with the cat and didn’t go off immediately! MEOW~! (Thank you kitty cat!) We left Bedok thinking how lucky we were and how nice the lady was!





We then headed to the IKEA shop at Tampines and bought some new pink cushion covers, DVD holders and other stuff. (running out of space liao…) It’s still abit early, so we headed home to drop off our stuff. ARGH! The cushion covers were too big, and we actually took the CD holders instead of the DVD holders. -_- Have to go back tomorrow….





Around 11pm, we left again to fetch my parents to the airport. They’re going to Yunan, China. So nice… so by the time we got back it was almost midnight. And so ends my eventful Saturday… Time to sleep! Zzzz….

No comments: