Monday, November 26, 2007

CoCo on wheels

17 November 2007 ~ Miss CoCo first time behind the wheels!

Although I have yet to pass my advance theory, I can take 2 practical lessons first. So on the 17 Nov, I went to the drving centre early to apply for my Provisional Drving Licence (PDL).


Must fill up form first...

Wait for my number...

Got it! My PDL!

So 2.10pm was my very first lesson! I found out which car I was assigned to and when there a few minutes early to take a picture. Abit paiseh to take to many picture cuz alot of other students around, so I just took a quick snap of my very first car that I'm gonna drive in a few minutes!

So nice the licence plate number! 4321! (go buy 4D)

My 1st instructor was a nice , patient and friendly uncle. So lucky that I got this type for my first lesson! He slowly orientate me about how the car works, what to do when u get into a car, all the basic stuff before we finally get to move out from the parking lot. When we finally started moving around the circuit, I had the stupid grin on my face again.

WHOOO HOOO! I'M DRIVING!


It's better than any arcade game I've ever played, better then go-carts, bumper cars, anything! I concentrated so hard that I felt a little light headed and my legs a little wobbly after the class ended. It was so much fun, the 100 minutes flew pass in an instant. Can't wait for my next lesson the next day!

The next lesson was even better. I was expecting that we'll be perfecting my skills within the circuit. So imagine my surprise when the instructor asked me if I'm ready to go outside after just two rounds around the circuit! I said that I need a little more time and he kindly let me go one more round before telling me (not asking) to turn out into the main road.

We're going out!!!

Surprisingly, it's less stressful driving outside in the main road! Yes, there were trucks, cars, pedestrains, bicycles, etc. But it's real. And the road is not filled with scary L plates who can suddenly stop in the middle of the road, move at impossibly slow speed or drift into your lane unknowingly like in the drving circuit.

Eventhough I had alot of fun outside, I can't deny the relief when we drove back into the driving centre. It was pretty intense, so I think I need some getting use to. I asked the instructor how I did at the end of each lesson, so they'll tell me my weakness and what I need to focus on. So far the comments were ok, steady and considered pretty good for 2nd time driving.

Yeah... Now I just have to clear my advance theory test and I'm sailing baby!

No comments: