Friday, March 14, 2008

Spooky Encounter

Winsome had her first theory lesson last night, so Cobby picked the both of us up from work and we had dinner together before going to the driving centre.

It has been raining NON stop since Sunday! I hate the rain, makes my shoes and the hems of my pants wet. Not forgetting the constant feeling of being cold and miserable!!! Luckily the rain reduced to a light drizzle before it stopped when I started driving. Yeah…

Coincidently I got the same instructor for the third time now. Mr Lim from car 129. Funny guy, kindda happy that I got him as my instructor as we would chit chat about cars and crack nonsense jokes. He also likes to disturb his fellow instructors by giving them a friendly horn or flash of the high beam once in awhile. Haha, he’s so much fun.

When I’m chatting and in a relaxed mood, I’m a damn good driver I tell you… But if I get a critical, serious, instructor that criticize my every move, I may drive like shit. Haha...

Last night we chat a lot while I drive around, and I found out that my instructor is actually a member of the Singapore Paranormal Investigators (SPI). For those who haven’t heard about them, they are a group of people who got together for a common interest, which is the interest in investigating paranormal instances such as ghost and hauntings. (I saw them on tv)

They would organize activities such as visiting a monk who can send their souls to hell for a tour or investigate old myths like knocking a bowl at a junction to attract spirits.





They would also go on heritage trip around Singapore during the day (one of them is a tour guide), check out spooky haunted areas in the night. Then go for supper together. Haha, what an interesting hobby! He also shared with me photos from one of their Halloween parties. One year he dressed like Sadako (貞子) in the Japanese horror film, The Ring. So scary… but so interesting as well.

We had a lot of laughs and the 100 minutes went by very quickly. So now I’m left with one more lesson before my test in April 11.

Watch out drivers, here comes CoCo! Yeah!

No comments: