Monday, March 17, 2008

A Trip To The Singapore Flyer

Cobby suggested going to the Singapore Flyer on Sunday, so here are some photos from my experience.

After going through a short security check, we waited to board the capsule. It doesn't really stop, so we kind of have to hop on!




Off we go! It feels wierd because the capsule moves very slowly, so you don't really notice that it's moving. But your body would still feel the subtle movement, so it gave me a slight headache. But it's managable... :)


A beautiful scene of the CBD area in the afternoon light...


Look, the Intergrated Resort, alot of work has been done in a few months...


The Esplanade...




You can see they are sealing off the Singapore River.


The newly build golf course by the sea...


View from the other side - So many housing estates! Can you see the old Kallang Stadium in the middle? Soon it would be torn down... sad...


Do you know what is this? I think its one of the stands or pit stops for the upcoming F1 Race in September!


A view of the ground from the top. Makes your knees weak...











We finished the ride and walked around the flyer to take a look at the shops. Then we saw a shop with glass windows and alot of fishes behind the windows! What is it? Apparently it is a reflexology place that provides massages as well as fish spa!

Thousands of little fish doctors would nibble away all the dead skin around your feet and legs when you soak your legs into the pool. Helping you exfoliate away your dead skin.


Cobby was very calm as the fishes swamp around his feet and started nibbling happily at his ankles. (aha.. someone hasn't been exfoliating his feet!) Me, I couldn't stop giggling and squirming the first 10mins as I found the fishes SO TICKLISH!!!!! 救命啊!!! I felt so sorry for the fishy doctors as they were trying to do their job but I just can't stay still! WHAHAHA... (it doesn't help that I was laughing uncontrollably while the rest of the people were calm and quiet -_-")

After awhile I found a way to "detach" myself away from the ticklish feeling and started to enjoy the therapy. It's like that prickling sensation you get after sitting on your feet for too long. Pretty therapeutic, but once in awhile, my ticklish nerve kicks in and I break into giggles again! haha... so funny.

The staff at the shop weren't that strict on the timing ($28/half hour), after 35mins, we got out from the pool and dried ourselves. The fishies were very persistant! Nibbling non stop even as I lift up my feet! I'll miss feeding you fishies!! But now we have to feed ourselves! It's 8 plus and we haven't eaten dinner yet. So we left the fish spa and found this fast food restaurant, Popeyes.



Its like KFC, but the taste is slightly better. The chicken is a little small though, but we ordered extra side dishes, so we ate happily while chatting about the ride on the flyer and the nibbling fishes. What a fun outing!

No comments: