Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ants and Muffins

The ants at my place has been a real pain in the ass. They are everywhere and I can't seem to get rid of them! I even tried using ant poison all the way from Hong Kong and yeah, they would disappear for awhile before they come back again. Argh!

One day Cobby comes home and found out that the shelf next to the door, where we kept all our old photo albums, was crawling with ants! WTF! The ants made their nest among my old photo albums!

OK now that I know where they live, I can destroy them. But it took me another 2-3 days before I actually got the guts to do it. Yesterday morning, I brought out the vacuum cleaner and got to work.

I quickly pulled one album out from the shelf and threw it near the door. Immediately hundreds of ants scurry around, panicking as the giant with the vacuum cleaner sucked them up together with their precious eggs. Then I quickly go back to the album on the floor, hit it hard on the floor to get all the eggs out and alternate between vacuuming the eggs and ants between the pages and all the other ants trying to escape.

As you can imagine, I was sucking away like a mad woman, screaming with disgust, anger and satisfaction. How dare you built your nest in MY house! I can almost hear the screams of the ants as they run around, trying to escape while I laugh like Dr. Evil with my pinky finger on the corner of my lips. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!



Anyway, after about 20mins, most of the ants were gone. But I'm not done yet. I took out the bag in my vacuum cleaner, I don't care that it's quite new and not full yet, and I dunk it in water. But the damn bag was waterproof! No worries, I opened the cover just enough to fill the bag with water to drown the little suckers!

As I was going outside to throw the watery grave away, I noticed that alot of the ants were outside my house, wandering around hopelessly, probably hoping to find a new place to set up a new nest! Oh no you don't! I brought out a bucket of water and washed them all away.

There.

I would have loved to show you some pictures, but as you can see, I was a little busy to stop and take pictures.

After that I was feeling pretty good about myself. Yeah I probably killed more and a thousand lives all at once, not very good for my karma, but the adrenaline was definitely pumping. I need to do something! So immediately I continued with the pain staking task of removing all the photos and throwing out the old and moldy albums.

By then I should have started making lunch for Jolie, but I was in such a cleansing mood that I used all the old oranges in the fridge and made orange muffins. Which was surprisingly delicious!

Now that all the photos were out, I have the opportunity to get some new albums and organize all my old photos. Yeah to new projects!

No comments: