Friday, October 29, 2010

DIY Cartoons

I read somewhere that you should bring some educational DVD for the child to watch while on the airplane, so as to let time pass easier. I thought that was a great idea, problem was, the DVD for Jolie's favourite show, Timmy Time, is not sold in Singapore. So I just have to resort to different means...

I bought a portable DVD player at the EXPO electronics fair the other day, so now I just need a DVD. So I used the video function on my camera, put on the stand and record the show on TV!



I've tried various methods, including using my handphone. But the resolution wasn't very good, and my arms ache from holding up the phone for so long! Also, shooting the image from CTV would give me flickering images, which was quite annoying. So, my final, and best result comes from using the camera to video from the LCD TV.



As you can see, my study room has become a make shift studio while I video Jolie's favorite shows over the pass few weeks. It takes so long as each episode only comes up to 10mins max! So it was a long process to fill up one blank DVD.

Hopefully the effect is OK, but I know that Jolie is not picky, so it should work out quite well. :)

No comments: