Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lunch with Connie

Met up with Connie for lunch today. We've been trying to meet up for... do you believe it, since May this year, but we keep post phoning the date for various reasons, and in the end, I had to go Hong Kong to visit my family, so we just called it off until now. Hahaha...

Connie has been a close friend and colleague from when I was working at Prudential as an Insurance Adviser. Yes, I was also close with some other new advisers like myself, but in my agency, Connie has been like good adviser and a good friend. When I left Prudential, I was confident to leave my own policies with her. So, yah, she's my Prudential Insurance adviser now.

I was a little hesitant as usual, like I always do when I'm going to meet up with old friends. I guess I was afraid that we'll run out of things to say and things would get awkward. Strange why I always feel that way.

Surprisingly, it turned out to be a great lunch. We ate at a coffee shop at Toa Payoh, Connie gave me a treat. :) While we ate we catch up on how everybody at the agency was doing, the latest gossips! We also updated on our family, how her kids and my child were doing. Her kids were already in Primary school, one going for PSLE next year. It's amazing how time flies!

After lunch, the coffee shop was pretty warm, so we headed to Polar cafe for coffee. This time I bought her coffee, just to be fair. :) We then chatted and chatted non stop about holiday trips, bitched about our husbands, :) talked about work, etc, etc. Oh yes, we also talked about some official insurance stuff, but that was only like 10% of our conversations. Haha...

I was supposed to go for my facial at 1.30pm, but we were so reluctant to leave that we chatted until the guy at the beauty salon called me at 2pm and politely asked if I'm on the way. Then we chatted about 5min more before we finally said our goodbyes. Haha...

It was really nice meeting up with Connie. I have alot of good friends, but not many that I can share my frustrations with regarding children. It's nice to actually talk to someone who knows exactly what I am going through, and get advice based on actual past experiences. Connie did asked me if I ever wanted to come back to the agency, and I gave her a quick and certain "NO". I did think about it, I missed working, but being an Insurance Adviser was a really tough job. You get SO MUCH shit just for doing your job, and it's SO MUCH hard work. Really, they just don't get enough credit for what they do.

So be nice to your insurance adviser! That's all. :)

No comments: