Sunday, January 23, 2011

Busy Busy Busy!

Gosh, haven't been blogging for awhile now... Been so busy! What have I been doing?

1. SPRING CLEANING



Yah, for those who think its very shiok and glamorous to be a stay home mom, this is the reality. Hope the photo don't scare too many people. Hahaha!

Chinese New Year is coming soon, so on top my usual routine of cooking, cleaning and spending time with Jolie, I need to spend whatever spare time I have in between to do spring cleaning. So far I've covered the living room, the study room, Jolie's room and cleared out our wardrobe of clothes that don't fit. Made me realise that we actually have more storage space than we thought. It's just that they were all taken up by things we don't need!

I still need to clean the master bedroom, the scary store room, the nightmare of the kitchen and lastly, to clean the windows at the very last minute. My MIL cleaned her windows the other day and it rained right after she finished. WHAHAHAHA... all the efforts gone down the drain. So to learn from her mistakes, I'll leave it to the very last minute. Anyway, I'm taking so long to clean the whole house the living room has already returned back to it's usual messy state. Well, at least it's not dusty. :)

2. BAKING

On top of my cleaning schedule, I decided that I need to exhaust myself further by making some CNY goodies. The last time I did pineapple tarts for CNY was while I was still pregnant with Jolie! This year, I wanted to try something new, so I made some Kuih Bangkit too. I've never made them before, how hard can they be? Well, funny thing was that they did turned out to be very hard, literally. Instead of the light fluffy texture, my first attempt churned out some rock hard cookies~! FED UP!!! I don't believe that I cannot do it! All those people online who boasted how easy it was to make made me feel even worse. Worst, my MIL said that I should just give up and buy from the store. I'm such a sucker for reverse psychology!

So I did my homework, bought the ingredients again, and the second batch was much better! Not perfect, but at least it's much lighter than the 1st batch and just as delicious. I even made cute bunny faces! YEAH!



As for the pineapple tarts, this year I thought I do something different, so I made the "closed" version. And yes, I made them into bunny shaped too! It wasn't easy, but they turned out, well, looking something like bunnies!



3. Pre-CNY Preparations

Since my parents are back from Hong Kong, I've been doing my daughter duties to bring my Mom shopping for clothes, get a new hair cut and arrange for a facial. Somehow it's very difficult to shop for everybody at one go, Mom can't shop with Dad around, Dad hates shopping, Cobby only have time to shop on weekends and we can't go shopping with Jolie in toll, as we would be so busy running after her! So I've been doing staggered shopping. Shop with Cobby alone, shop with Mom alone, shop by myself, etc... So the shopping session has dragged on for weeks and I'm still not done yet.

Went to the hair dresser with Mom and got a new hair colour! I love it! RED! I don't know why, but my very 1st impression was Rihanna's red hair. But of course, it wasn't that red.

On the actual day, after it's been blown by the hairdresser, it was straight and beautiful, kind of like Angelina Jolie in SALT.



But by the next day, my natural waves are back, and it was still beautiful! I love it!

Without flash...



Looks so red with the flash! Kind of reminds me of Ariel, the little mermaid. Hahaha...





4. Birthday Party

The final thing left would be to plan Jolie's 2nd birthday party. The actual day was on the 3rd day of CNY, which I suspect many people, including ourselves, would be busy visiting relatives. So we pushed it 1 week early, which means more work for us! But it would be smaller this year, so hopefully we wouldn't be too overwhelmed.

Well I guess that sums up most things. Busy busy busy, but nonetheless, totally looking forward to Chinese New Year! That's my favourite holiday of all, afterall, being Chinese, it's more meaningful.

If there's any new happenings, I'll try to make time to blog. :)

No comments: