Sunday, January 30, 2011

CNY Reunion Dinner 2011

Time for reunion dinner again! I just love this time of the year where the family get together and stuff ourselves silly. Kind of like Thanksgiving isn't it?

As usual, since I'm a married woman, the actual reunion dinner date has to be reserved for my husband side of the family. So we agreed to meet one Sunday earlier for our side. This year, Sister's in-laws were visiting her in Hong Kong for the Chinese New Year, so she would have to be the gracious hostess and spend the holidays over at Hong Kong. Too bad... check out the spread that my parents made!!!!



Everything looked so delicious, Jolie just settled herself onto one of the chair, and started eating the rice all by herself. Haha...



And now for our chefs!



They said that they slaved for almost 12 hours for this meal!



Group photo!



The meal was absolutely decadent! After the meal, Cobby brought out the mini cornettos that he bought and it was a hit with the kids!



Erm, it was a hit with the adults too!



My Sister-in-law her 2 nephew and niece, a family friend brought 3 of her kids, plus my Jolie, there were 6 children that night. It was mayhem! There were children everywhere, cartoon was blasting away, the noise level was mad! Thankfully Jolie had enough toys to keep everyone happy!









I think the favourite must be the swing set that Dad bought for Jolie.



After awhile Bro invented a game of kiddy basket ball, and the boys had a fun time.



I was in the living room, watching the kids, when I suddenly realised that Mom was missing. Apparently she was busy watching her favourite TV drama, 爱.



Jolie having fun with her dad.



Cobby offered to take over from my bro so that he can take a break. The kids were relentless!



Soon after EVERY kid wanted to toss the ball. Cobby was overwhelmed.



My god, it was like a childcare centre who has lost control of their kids! That night when we got home, I just sat in our quiet living room while Cobby showered Jolie. Whoa the silence was so soothing on my ears, which were ringing from all the screaming and laughing children.

While at my Dad's place, I said that this mayhem could be a reality for him if every one of his children had a couple of kids. So perhaps this is a blessing in disguise to have not too many grandchildren! But everything aside, it was a great meal and fun evening with the kids. Hopefully next year we'll have another! :)

No comments: