Monday, January 31, 2011

Spring Cleaning! The Kitchen...

Cobby took a day off so that he can finally help me with the spring cleaning! So that afternoon we brought Jolie to my Mom's place so that we can clean in peace. Imagine our surprise when we drove pass this!



Hoho! We think that the driver must have reversed too far back and rolled down the little slope. Thankfully no one was hurt. In the end the dude got help from some foreign workers, pushed the car back and he still managed to drive off! Amazing...

Anyway, after lunch, we went home and got to work. The aim was the store room and the horrible kitchen. We took everything out from the store room, threw out what we didn't need and put everything back in again.

Next was the kitchen. We bought a steam cleaner this year, hopefully it would make cleaning the horrible grease easier.



It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but it definitely helped with the really tough stains. The most horrible part was the kitchen hob, with it's thick layer of grease on top. That we had to combine both the POWER "Easy Off Bang" detergent and the steam cleaner in order to get it clean!

After hours of scrubbing, steaming and cleaning, we were finally done. We had to throw away several washcloth as it was so dirty, we called it "the point of NO return". It was quite stressful as we had to keep checking the time as we had to pick up Jolie in the evening. So we keep saying, "3.00pm!", "4.00pm!", "5.00pm!", "Oh shit, 6.00pm!" We finally finished around 6.30pm.

Luckily Mom said that she didn't cook our dinner, we didn't have much time, so we just settled dinner at the Macdonald's near my Mom's place. I had the DOUBLE quarter pounder as I was SO HUNGRY!!!! We just wolfed down everything like we haven't ate in days. Haha...



On the way to pick up Jolie, I was suddenly hit by the realisation that my spring cleaning has come to an end! Parties have been arranged, CNY decorations put up, CNY goodies baked and bought, everything has been cleaned. I'm DONE! At that moment I felt SO HAPPY! NO MORE CLEANING! YEAH! Now I just have to relax and enjoy my CNY holidays!

The next day, when the morning light hits the kitchen, I was so overwhelmed! My kitchen haven't looked so clean in years!!! It almost looked new!



Can see reflection somemore...



The "brand new" kitchen hob.







I told Cobby that I'm not going to cook all the way until after Chinese New Year, so that my kitchen can stay this clean for a longer period of time! Happy Lunar New Year everyone!

No comments: