Friday, December 15, 2006

The light at the end of the tunnel



After a roller coaster ride of emotions, the ride as ended and has safety pulled up back at the station.


I mentioned earlier that my dream wedding dinner location was at Hotel Intercontinental, but their minimum number of tables was too high. We called the hotel in defeat, to throw in the white towel. But our hopes were lifted again when the events coordinator said that she would try to talk to the manager about the number of tables, in attempt to close the deal. I should have known better, I was in cloud nine! My dream wedding is back on track! But I was slammed back onto the cruel ground when my sis told me two days later that there was no deal, and we have to choose somewhere else.


I was devastated! The news was too harsh, too abrupt, I wanted to cry. It didn't help that I was still in office. I couldn't work, I just want to sink into a heap on the ground and sulk. I msg hubby, asking if he can talk, and I hid in the privacy of the toilet and told him how sad and disappointed I was.


After two days of misery I've decided that maybe this is for the better! Smaller wedding means less tables, less tables means I can only choose close friends. Fewer tables would also mean more savings, and more savings would mean a more fantastic honeymoon! So now I only hope that the appointment with Goodwood park goes well!

No comments: