Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Outing

What a day! When to a colleague's wedding lunch but turned up at the Hilton, which was wrong hotel. I had to walk all the way back the opposite direction in the blistering heat to the right hotel, Marriot. HaHa... blur like sotong.. Thank goodness I wasn't late. Actually, I rather enjoyed the walk, it's been awhile since we have such a bright and sunny weather.

Marriot's grand ballroom was pretty with the intelligent lighting system changing colours every few seconds, but I find it a little too dim for my liking. Overall the wedding was great, I think my colleague's wife is very cute, bubbly and likable. Haha... if I'm a guy I would sound pretty pervy huh..

Met up my sis after that. We went shopping abit before viewing the Goodwood Park Hotel. I went there last weekend with hubby but we never went inside as it was locked. It was a dream... The bright sunlight poured in through the windows into the reception area, the furniture was white with rose petals scattered everywhere. The ballroom was pretty small but bright and airy. Everything was white with different shades of pink roses on the tables. It's so sweet and romantic, it warms my heart just thinking about it.

Then there was Hotel Intercontinental. We strode up the winding stairs and peep into the ballroom, and the sight took my breadth away... The whole room was white and gold, with two huge chandeliers hanging over head, surrounding the chandeliers was countless crystals, making the room shine like nothing you've ever seen. The stage was also white with a little lights behind a sheer back-drop, giving it a starlight effect. I was dumbstruck, I loved the room before the renovation, and now it's even better than before! I was lost for words except 'whao' and 'oh my..' The room would be perfect for the military wedding we wanted. This is my theme, 'Grandeur & Elegance'. It's perfect.

I crashed back to earth awhile later when I learned that we need a minimum table of 35 tables for a Saturday dinner. We only have about 29! Unless we do a Saturday lunch, but the timing is almost impossible if we wanna do a military wedding. Or we could use Goodwood, but I want inter-con! Or we could just save money and go with Marina Mandarin, but their so-call ballroom sucks! HOW???

Reached home at around 8pm with tired feet and a heavy heart.. I can't do this alone, I need my hubby.. He's calling me at 11pm later, he's overseas and I missed him terribly. I need to talk to him, maybe we'll find a solution together.

No comments: