Friday, December 8, 2006

Wedding Diaries

If you see me smiling to myself every now and then, don't worry. I've not flown over the cuckoo's nest yet. I'm getting married! The date's set, well, more or less. We've settled for August 11 2007, so now the next step is to settle a wedding venue. I was really fortunate enough to get my elder sister to be my wedding planner. She's a real gem I tell you.

Hubby and I actually planned to do the wedding in 2006, but my sister's wedding was in June the same year, so we decided not to steal her thunder and not stress our family members (especially my mom) out by having two weddings in a year. After her wedding, my sis was asking us when were we planning to do our wedding dinner. We wanted to, but both my hubby and I were just too lazy and busy to get things started. Being the Feng Shui enthusiast, we ask her to help us choose an auspicious date next year. After awhile I thought, why not just ask her to help me plan the whole wedding?

My sister is a perfectionist when it comes to planning. She does all her research before negotiating for the best deal in town. I have complete faith in her planning capability and taste, so I asked her to be my wedding planner. She seemed happy to accept the role. So the date is set, appointments are arranged to meet hotel event executives, and all I have to do is say 'OK' or 'not OK' each time she calls me to make decisions.

I know of brides-to-be that turned into bridezillas from the stress, so I know that I'm very lucky to have my darling sister helping me out. Now I can enjoy the whole experience with the knowledge that my wedding is in good hands.

So is it surprising if you see me smiling to myself every now and then?

1 comment:

Sam said...

How cute! Wish you guys the best, naturally! Such a cute couple! =P