Monday, March 12, 2007

Chronicles Of Pain

I have been avoiding it for awhile now, but I can’t hide from it forever. I made the appointment and I went for my facial session on Friday night.

Oh. My. God.

I forgot how f**king painful it was. My eyes are covered with a cotton pad, but frankly I don’t know what’s the point because it doesn’t make the pain any lesser. Somehow I have a feeling that April, my psycho beautician seem to be both disgusted and yet exhilarated while she cleanse my face with nightmare inducing apparatus.

I can imagine her smiling beneath her mask as she scrapes away my face, enjoying my pain while I twist my feet, clawed the bed, clench my teeth in silent excruciating agony!

I tried to distract myself by thinking of work and my wedding plans – don’t work.
Then I tried pinching my thigh to distract the pain from my face – don’t work either.
Forget it, just clench my teeth harder and ride it out!!!

Fortunately, after the painful cleansing comes the cool relaxing treatment to calm my sore and swollen skin. By 9pm, I leave the place with a red, swollen and blemished face. Well, as least now it’s clean and smooth!

Check out my 'battle scars'

No comments: