Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Big Day ~ 11 August (Part 1 ~ Peace before the storm)

My eyes sprung open the moment the alarm went off at 6.00am. Oh my god this is it. The day we’ve all been planning for all this time, today is the day. I got up and made the bed while sis stirred in her mattress on the floor next to my bed.

The house is so peaceful. Mom’s making my favourite shanghai soupy nian gao! Yum… looking forward to it later. I’ve only just washed up when the door bell rang. My gosh, who is it so early? Turns out to be Chew Bee, one of my bridesmaids. She was afraid that she might lose her way so she took a cab here, not knowing that the lack of traffic on a Saturday morning would make her turn up exceptionally early. Ha ha she’s so cute right…

The make up artist came right on time at 6.30am and we got to work immediately. But… but… I haven’t had my breakfast yet! The photographer and camera man came soon after and they started snapping away. Well, our house has a lot of deco to shoot.


So I was trapped in the room doing hair and make up until late in the morning while the girls enjoy hot coffee and breakfast. Hello~! Can someone bring me a cup of coffee please? If I don’t get my coffee soon, don’t blame me for releasing bride-zilla on everybody! Ahh... finally got my coffee but had to stare at it longingly until it was cool enough to drink it from a straw.

Finally I’m done! After we’ve bun up my hair did we realize that we forgot to ask for spare flowers from the bridal shop for my hair! Then some genius (was it me?) suggested using the flowers from the table’s centerpiece. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! PERFECT!!! Haha…





Before the make up artist pin up my veil we took pictures of my parents putting it on for me. After the picture taking then I was ‘unveiled’ again for her to secure the veil better with more pins. Haha… abit fake but it was a nice gesture for memories sake.



Winsome showed up then and quickly got to work. The acrylic flowers on my nails were on alternate fingers only but it was so beautiful I wanted it on every nail! (BIMBO haha…) So Winsome had to bring her stuff that morning to add more flowers for me. We all exclaimed how beautiful the final artwork was and started taking photos of my hands. Then suddenly Winsome notice something odd. I was wearing my rings on the wrong hand! Whaha.. thanks Winsome for noticing!

Anyway, everybody was so mesmerized with her work that the makeup artist, the camera man and the photographer asked for her name card! Later she even gave Serene complimentary flowers for her toenails.

Yeah! Finally get to eat my favourite breakfast! But somehow I don’t seem to have appetite anymore. I can’t even finish one bowl! Guess my body must be running on pure adrenaline.

I don’t really feel much anxiety, just… excited, heavy and stiff. Heavy dress, heavy make up and heavy hair (go figure). And then we wait! Of course not forgetting goofing around, and, oh yah, taking a zillion photos.

It was so much fun, but I did feel like a giant white penguin waddling around with not much grace. Each time I entered the bedroom it feels like I’ve taken up half of the room space. Hahaha…

Every now and then I’ll glance at the clock, wondering what he was doing. Does he feel as excited as I am? Is he out of the house already? Then suddenly the phone rang and my brother was asked to go downstairs to wait. They are reaching soon! So exciting… Everybody started shoo-ing me into my parent’s room and arranging my veil and dress so that I’ll look picture perfect. The camera man positioned me for the best angle, and then left the house to join my brother downstairs. Suddenly, a loud car horn was heard blasting downstairs! I quickly got up and went to the window. My prince charming is here!!!!

(To be continued…)

No comments: