Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Big Day ~ Part 6 (At the hotel)

I was so comfortable in my tank top and jeans that I dozed off in the car ride to the hotel. In the back of my mind I was trying not to mess up my hair as I snoozed, but then I remembered I have to re-do my hair again anyway, so, Zzzzzzz……..

We checked into the The Novotel @Clarke Quay wedding suit and I was taken aback by how nicely done the suite was. I expected a suite, but what I didn’t expect was the little details that the hotel added to the room that made it such a memorable experience! When we walked in, the corridor was lined with rose petals.



On the coffee table, there’s a fruit platter with champagne and perrier.



By the side they placed chocolates, desserts and some cheese stuff which is absolutely delicious!



Not forgetting the chocolate coated strawberries they placed next to the bed!



It was yummy! The hotel staff even used flower petals to decorate the bed! So sweet right….



And just when we thought that they couldn’t do anything more wonderful, we walked into the bathroom and was greeted with a giant bathtub filled with red rose petals!!!



How romantic is that!? All this and a great view of the river. Sigh~ So we washed up and got to relax for about a few minutes before the activities started again. ‘The brothers and sisters’ were arriving, the sword bearers have to rehearse, the ladies have to have discussions with the event captain, my makeup artist came, parents started arriving, phew….. Nonstop.

One advise to all brides-to-be, EAT. Eat whatever you can find around because the little nibbles here and there would be the only food you get to eat all the way till about 12 midnight, where you would be too exhausted to eat anyway.

So after some gorgeous documentation of my fabulously rich purple tea dress, we strutted to the reception area and started entertaining the early birds. Let the show begin!

No comments: