Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Big Day ~ Part 7 (The Wedding Dinner)

I took a peek at the ball room and my wonderful cupcake tower. It’s so wonderful to see something so big and pretty and delicious!



Haha, and the tower smells so sweet! I felt so happy just looking at them. Really sets a happy mood for me to meet some of my first few guests!



At around 7pm, the captain que us to go change into our 1st march in outfits. Either the captain was too kiasu in getting us to change so early, or we were just too efficient. Within minutes we were back downstairs, saying hi to the reception. It was pretty hard walking around in a crowded area with a dress with such a long train! I keep worrying if someone was going to step onto my dress or worse, tripping over it. Hahaha…

I didn’t expect to feel so happy that night. I thought it would be a night of “hi hi”, but I was wrong, it was great seeing all those friends and family, old and new. Unfortunately there were so many people, I couldn’t spend much time with them individually.



When everybody got seated in the ballroom, I nervously practiced walking outside the reception area. Gosh I hope my heels won’t catch my tutu while I’m walking down the aisle. When I hear them watching the express highlights of the morning I peeked into the room. The event coordinator teased me on not experiencing it enough this morning? Hey I didn’t even know what happened to Cobby outside the gate this morning ok. If I don’t take a peek, the whole world would know but me. OK it was hilarious. I was giggling softly together with the guests watching the video.

Later the captain asked us to get ready to march in. We lined up behind the doors after the sword bearers and waited. The sword bearers matched in and we waited for our turn next. This is it! I can hear my heart pounding in my ears, so nervous and excited all together! We nodded for the captain to open the door and was greeted by a very bright spotlight. The guests applauded as we stepped into the room, the dry ice mist was floating around, smiles everywhere, it was magical.



Then the magic was rudely interrupted when the swords from the first pair was lowered. Grrrr….



I told them no sabo-ing! OK I half expected maybe just one round, but apparently they have planned a sabo at every stage!!! We have six pairs. -_- Till today I have mixed feelings about that. Sometimes I feel like they have ruined my ultimate dream wedding moment which every girl has for only once in their lives. On other days, I feel ok about it and even laugh about it. But honestly, I wasn’t angry at all at that moment. It’s like a magical day, where nothing can bring me down. Everything was a happy and joyous incident to me.

So, what did we went through exactly?
1.Cobby drank one keg of beer, much to the delight of his male counterparts
2.Pledged his ultimate devotion to me
3.Both of us must list 5 of our “first-times”, followed by Cobby drinking a glass of stout
4.Cobby drank three quarter glass of red wine, I helped him finish the remaining quarter.
5.We drank one glass of champagne each



Hey no problem man, bring it on. Hahaha… The “cupcake cutting” ceremony followed, which is really silly but hey, nevermind lah hor, good photo taking opportunity anyway.



Finally, let’s eat! While eating, two little girls came over and started chatting with me. They were so outspoken and chatty, so cute!! They say things like “jie jie, you look like a princess, when I grow up, I want to get married too!” Haha…



Later we went upstairs and changed into our 2nd outfit. As we were changing, we hear loud explosions outside; somewhere outside they were having fireworks display! We can hear them but it was just beyond our window view, so cannot see. Too bad!

2nd march-in was funny. I got a blue feather fan and Cobby was waving to the guests, which I have totally no idea why he was doing that. So funny…!



The standard procedures follows which I think most people should be familiar with, the champagne popping, the YAM SENG, a very emotional speech, and finally photo taking with the guests!



After the photo taking, we changed into our traditional outfits. I was supposed to pin a rose onto my hair, but I forgot, so I just picked up a rose from the reception table and tried to pin it myself.



It looks pretty crappy, fortunately Winsome helped fixed it. Thanks gal! Overall didn’t drink much, only one “mixer” the guys were pretty impressed.



Well, they haven’t seen me drink before! HAHAHAHA! Ahem, anyway, managed to end the night on a happy and sober mode.

What a night! Before we know it, it was time to say good bye. It was such a wonderful wedding day, I have no complains whatsoever. As this wonderful day turns into a fond memory, Cobby and I looked forward to a blissful and happy life together ahead. How wonderful!

No comments: