Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Big Day ~ Part 4 (At Our Love Nest)

I know that traditionally the groom is suppose to carry the bride into the house but our door is a little narrow, so we changed the practice to have Cobby carry me into the bedroom instead.




I was dreading this part as I know I’m not the exactly petite, so I was kindda worried that I may break Cobby’s back or something. Fortunately, with a little advice from the camera man, he easily scooped me up, carried me into the bedroom and gently put me down onto the bed!


YEAH SUCCESS!!!!!

According to the camera man, the key is to make sure the bride puts her arms around her groom’s neck, and is in a “sitting position”. As he scoops her up, one arm should be behind the lower back, the other in the mid tight area. Useful instructions for those who don’t know how to carry a bride. Hehe…

So after singing praises to the groom, our entourage relaxed in the living room as we change our outfit.



I removed my veil and changed into my gorgeous KUA. Oh gosh, as much as I love my dress, I can’t deny that it’s such a relief to remove the heavy and tight fitting dress and put on a light and loose KUA!!!

It took us awhile to put on all my gold accessories as there were so many. Some of the accessories were new, like the 四点金 that Cobby mama gave me and the dragon and phoenix bangles that my parents gave me. Others were very old, passed down from my mama’s mama to me. I love the fact that I’m wearing my grandmother’s accessories on my wedding day. It feels good that though they were not with us anymore, part of them is still there with us, blessing us with their presence. Of course, gold accessories also look fabulous with the traditional KUA. Haha…



Look at my beautiful embroidered slippers!



Took me forever to find one that I like as they were all so plain. The original only has embroidery, so it was very boring. Sis actually helped me sew on sequins so they look shiny and bright. So touching! Slippers of LOVE~

Cobby also changed into his mandarin collar top. So traditional! I love it! We took some photos with the various items meant for blessing our marriage life and headed back to my mama’s place.

No comments: