Saturday, May 24, 2008

2008 Company Dinner

We had our annual company dinner last night at the Civil Service Club at Bukit Batok. We arranged a black and white theme for our own table, eventhough there wasn't any theme required by the event organisers. It was a great night really. Good food, good booze, great company and LOADS of laughs watching friends do funny stuff when they're drunk.


Question: How do you know if someone had a little too much to drink?

(DJ plays sound of a frog croaking)

Emcee: OK, PL, name the animal that made that noise!

PL: Hmm that's kind of tough, but I think it's a mermaid.


The whole ballroom fell silent, eyebrows raised, chopsticks with food stopped midway to the mouth - everybody waiting for him to exclaim that he's kidding and answer "frog". But he just looked dead serious and insisted that the croaking sound belongs to a mermaid.

After 3 seconds the ballroom exploded into laugther and exclaimations. Just when we thought that nothing could be funnier, the brave emcee decided to give him another chance.



(DJ plays sound of a buffalo grunting)

Emcee: OK, PL, name the animal that made that noise!

PL: OK this one I'm quite sure that its an UGLY MERMAID.

Emcee: What???

PL: Yah! It must be a VERY UGLY MERMAID to make such ugly grunting sound!

.
.
.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... we laughed till our tummy ached...

All I can say is that PL was the King that night. Definitely the star of the night.

Well PL wasn't the only one that was affected by the booze last night. Another long time colleague got so emotional that we all got a shock. Later we found out that he was soon leaving the company, so the usual jolly fella got a little emotional about it. Sad, but it's kind of heart warming to witness a man's passion and love for his company.

When it was lucky draw time, I cheered on like everybody else, just for fun. I never won any lucky draw before in my life, so I wasn't expecting for anything. So when the emcee teasingly shouted out that it's someone from my department, I gamely shouted, "Colene! Colene! Colene!" And to my utter disbelieve, he really shouted "COLENE KOH"!!!

I remembered screaming like a crazy woman, put down my dessert and walking quickly towards the stage. I didn't even know what did I win until I took a galnce at the projector at the side. It's a Canon digital camera! I gave another "WHOOPIE!" and continued walking towards that stage to collect my prize from our Executive Director. He seems as excited as I am as he exclaimed, "Congratulations!"


COOL!!! I GOT ANOTHER CAMERA NOW!!!!



Sigh~ What a great night. Definitely something I would remember for a long time. Cheers!

No comments: