Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Toilet

I love our office toilet.

No really! In fact, I dare say that I prefer our office toilet to my own home’s toilet! It’s clean, dry and stink free, well, depends if there are any occupants inside. The temperature inside the cubicle is also just nice. Not too cool, not too warm. Which means that you can seek refuge in the cubicle from the freezing office, yet avoid getting all sweaty when doing your ‘business’ inside for long periods. Somehow the seat feels more comfortable! Maybe I should change my toilet seat at home…

The management pasted posters onto the cubicle doors, to promote cleanliness in the toilet. But the posters have not changed since... before I joined the company, so I can remember every single little detail of the poster by now. (well, this is the only thing to read inside anyway)



There are three cubicles in the toilet; my favourite is the last one at the far end, nearest to the window. Somehow the last cubicle always gives me the impression that it is more private, My Cubicle. But having a preferred cubicle would also mean that you could get quite annoyed when it is occupied, or dirtied by some irresponsible user. Then I would have to use the next cubicle, which seems dirtier, more, public-toilet feel. Urgh…

I don’t know about you, but when I’m doing my “big business”, I would rather be alone. There are different scenarios really.

One: If I go in, and someone is at the sink, (finished, washing up and soon leaving) I would wait inside the cubicle for the lady to leave before I poop.

Two: If the person is inside the cubicle, doing her business, I would just walk in and do my own stuff.

Three: If I’m done poop-ing and someone is outside washing up, I would wait till she leaves the toilet, then I’ll come out.

Four: If we’re both done, (I’d hear toilet paper being pulled) I’ll wait for her to leave the toilet before coming out.

So you can imagine there would always be some excruciating moments where you go into the cubicle and you wait for the ladies to leave the toilet, but they keep chatting in front of the mirror till you feel like you were going to die!!

Or like this morning, the cleaner was cleaning the toilet, so naturally she would hear some “sound-effects” from my session. So I would hope and pray that she would leave the toilet so that I can make my exit! But unfortunately she stayed and continue cleaning, so, bo bian. I would just have to endure the awkward moment when I come out and wash my hands.

I mean, the woman heard me poop! I can imagine her thinking, "oh~ so it's YOU!" Argh, so embarressing!

I wonder if others felt the same way when going to the toilet.

Or am I just eccentric??

No comments: