Friday, September 5, 2008

Mothership : Captain's Log (IIII)

16 July 2008, Wednesday

I hate constipation!

Oh my god the pregnancy is making me constipated! I always regard constipation as the second worst thing that you can suffer, after fever. So I would rather sit on the "throne" for 1 hour or more just to squeeze out a size of a grape. Better than nothing.

So far my constipation does not last for more than 2 days. (Touch wood) But it’s just so irritating! It happens every other week! So I looked in the Internet for some tips on prevention. This is from www.babycentre.com

Why am I so constipated?

If it's any consolation, constipation is a common problem during pregnancy. One culprit is an increase in the hormone progesterone, which slows the movement of food through your digestive tract. And the problem may be compounded later in pregnancy by the pressure of your growing uterus on your rectum. Iron supplements can make constipation worse.

What can I do about constipation?

Here are some tips for preventing and easing constipation:

• Eat high-fiber foods such as cereals, whole-grain breads, and fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Add a couple of tablespoons of unprocessed wheat bran (available at health food stores) to your cereal in the morning and follow it with a glass of water. (CoCo: Will switch to whole meal bread!)

• Drink plenty of water — at least six to eight glasses a day. A glass of fruit juice every day, especially prune juice, can also be helpful. (CoCo: Check! Stocked up on fruits and juices - not prune juice - I HATE prune juice)

• Exercise regularly. Walking, swimming, riding on a stationary bike, and yoga can all help ease constipation and leave you feeling more fit and healthy. (CoCo: will work on that!)

• Listen to your body. Never put off going to the bathroom when you feel the urge. (CoCo: definitely!)

• Ask your healthcare provider about taking an over-the-counter fiber supplement or switching to an iron supplement with less iron. (CoCo: Erm.. maybe not that serious yet)

Haha... hope I get better soon... this is killing me!



17 July 2008, Thursday

Ok, the news is out. Well, at least to the immediate family members. We usually go back to our parent’s home for dinner on weekdays (Tuesday – Cobby Mum’s place, Wednesday – my mum’s place) so Cobby said that he wanted to tell them the good news!

I’ve been trying to delay it as baby havnt reached 3 months yet, and we havnt even seen a gynea yet. But since its almost 11 weeks, I guess it’s ok. So on Tuesday night, before we dig in at his mom's place, Cobby happily announced that we were having a baby.

Reaction?

Cobby’s mom and sis smiled and said congrats, and things like, “oh that’s great…” Then the dinner topic was all about pregnancy and doctors. About how the other day Cobby’s cousin actually dreamt that I was pregnant. (So accurate? Freaky!)

Funny thing was, Cobby’s mum was constantly bugging us on having a baby soon, and yet when we break the news to her, her reaction was, well, boring. Well, this is her style. I really cannot imagine her jumping up in joy and run around the house screaming “whoo hoo!” But I just thought it would be more fun to have a bigger reaction then that right? Sigh~ anti climax.

The next evening I broke the news to mom & dad before dinner. “mummy, papa, 我们有baby 了!” Wah their expression is priceless. Both faces light up and broke into a wide smile, and we all started to clap and shouted “hooray!” hahaha… my family is so cute.

Later Sis called and Dad told her about the news. When they passed the phone to me she was happy too, but was nagging me on telling them before seeing the doctor to confirm it. Adding that pregnancy less than 3 months is very sensitive. Well, it’s almost 11 weeks anyway, so, no harm right? Hmm… So the news is out, everybody’s happy! Yeah!

No comments: