Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mothership : Captain's Log (Part 5)

18 July 2008, Friday

Hmm… it seems like ever since I’ve started taking the Folic Acid and the supplement pills on a daily basis, my nausea feeling has stopped! Coincidence? Or does the pills really helped? I’m thankful anyway!

Went to watch Hancock at Plaza Sing after work today. After dinner, we walked around and passed by this shop selling tiny baby clothes. The girl’s dresses are super cute lor! Aiiiyyyyooooohhhh.... I predict shopping expenses should increase when the baby is out! (Even more if it’s a girl! Hahaha) Cobby got a shock when he saw the prices of the baby prams. Hmm… maybe we can get people to buy for us as baby shower gifts! Haha… sorry lah I very cheapo one!

Later we passed by a maternity apparel shop SPRING, and I tried on a pair of pin-striped pants. Its so comfy loh! 好感動! Finally found a shop that sells not so ugly maternity clothes! Sob...sob...sob...

But it’s not cheap – the pants cost over S$70, so I was hesitating in the dressing room. But then I found out that the pants are actually adjustable! You can actually make the pants looser as your tummy grows! So, satisfied that this could be money well spent, I made the purchase.

My very first maternity pants...


Actually the shop sells many other nice outfits. Some I may consider buying another time? Others… erm… I think I can get cheaper ones at the neighborhood store. I mean, you don’t need Maternity tops really… you just need nice loose tops which can be found like… everywhere!

So there, my very first piece of maternity clothing. Tis the beginning of so much more!



22 July 2008, Tuesday

Called the clinic and finally got to confirm my very first gynae appointment this Saturday! This is my doctor by the way...

WH Kee’s Clinc for Women
339 Thomson Road #04-06
Thomson Medical Centre
Singapore 307677
Tel: 6253 6011
Fax: 6254 0651

Dr Kee Wei Heong
MBBS (Malaya) 1974
MMED - O&G (Singapore) 1980
MRCOG (London) 1980
FAMS (Singapore) 1984

Apparently the e-appointment I made on the Internet last week was totally redundant! The friendly lady from Dr Kee's clinic said that they didn’t even receive the notice! She added that the system was supposed to send all appointment requests to the respective clinics but they didn’t receive anything.

Sigh~ don’t know what’s the point of creating the system…

So lesson of the day is: Don't bother using the E-Appointment for Hospitals - JUST CALL THEM!

Anyway, the nice lady said that I can call them directly for appointments next time. So… countdown to Saturday! Wonder what are they gonna do to me then. Excited!



23 July 2008, Wednesday

I’ve lost count to how long since I’ve had a coffee, and so far, I think I’m coping pretty well! I no longer had the craving or feeling tired without my usual cuppa. Now I’ve replaced my coffee with water, fruit juice, the occasional tea bag and my daily bottle of fresh milk.



Erm, actually I’m a little lactose intolerant, but I found out that my tummy can take it better if I avoid cold milk and drink it slowly. Besides, this is a great way to keep the constipation at bay! Whahaha…

I’m also eating more fruits too even though I’m not a big fan. *PROUD* Wah I’m getting more and healthier! Now to reward myself with some snacks! Heehee…



24 July Thursday, 2008

2 more days till my very first checkup! Feeling kindda nervous. I always have this stupid, irrational fear of, what if this is all a misunderstanding? Maybe come Saturday I would have found out that I wasn’t pregnant in the first place?! After all, the only prove I have so far comes from 2 store-bought pregnancy kits.

What if they were wrong? O_o"

The thought freaks me out abit. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to tell the family members before visiting the doctor..? Cobby reassured me that everything is fine and I’m just thinking too much into it. I think I’m just nervous. After all, this is all very new to me.

Anyway, went to my mummy’s place for dinner last night and I finally got to meet up with my brother. So I told him the good news. Its fun watching his emotions played out.

Stage One:
Eye popping expression with the slow and calm “really...? That’s good news..! Then you have to take care of yourself now!”

Stage Two:
News started to seep in more and more and he gets happier and more excited. “Whao! That IS VERY GOOD NEWS!” Then he repeats, “you REALLY have to start taking good care of yourself leh!”

Stage Three:
Mom added some oil to the burning flame by saying “yah, you are going to be an uncle soon!” That’s when he broke into a great hearty laugh and exclaimed “YAH! I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!!!”

Haha… So now, the whole family knows…



25 July 2008, Friday

Today was my last day in the office. Phew~ what a hectic day. Running around the office, doing my clearance, taking pictures and saying farewell to everybody. It seems like there wasn’t enough time to it all! I was accompanying Cobby to a briefing after work, so I had to leave on time, which makes everything even more stressful.

In the evening before I left, I was in the Library with Suv, Marl and Zinc when they sort of cornered me. It was closing time so they closed the doors, off the lights and finally asked me something that they were dying to know for 2 months now...

Are you PG?” Suv asked. Haha… PG??? Well, since this is only between us few ladies, I told them the truth. YES I AM PREGNANT. So following the news there were much laughing and congratulations and a few “I knew it”.

Zinc even said that she noticed that I didn’t have my menses for 2 months now... O_o

Isn’t it kind of scary how some people are so aware of things happening to OTHER people? Or maybe I’m just a person who is more self centered?! Haha…

After that I requested that they keep the news to themselves, at least until I announced it to the world. So this was a secret between us girls. For now.

No comments: