Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Gift

Truth to be told, I actually forgot all about our wedding anniversary. Cobby mentioned it one day and playfully asked if I've forgotten about it. "Of course I didn't forget! Duh!" I put on my best poker face and scoffed, but my mind was screaming. Shit! I totally forgot! No worries! I still got about a week, I'll find him a gift!

I later remembered that I always wanted to get him a model of his favourite tank, but I could never remember early enough to get someone to make one from scratch. Now I've only got a week. Would I be lucky enough to find one ready made? I headed to the only model shop I know on my 'day off', while Jolie's with my Mom.

Unfortunately the guy at the shop at Marina Square didn't have any Merkava Tanks, which is Cobby's favourite. But he made a call and told me that he know this guy who makes models. He can give me his contact number and said that whatever arrangement we make will be between the two of us. So I called this guy and he said that he have a Merkava tank already made, and I can come to his "office" at Geylang to take a look at the "goods" before we discuss the price. I feel like a secret agent who is about to buy illegal goods from the black market... Haha...

I was a little worried, I mean, meeting some guy I don't know in his office at Geylang?? So I brought Jolie along that day, just in case. Haha... Turns out that I was over-reacting. The place was actually a small workshop inside a shophouse near Geylang. When we arrived, there were two friendly guys there. The place was very clean, no shoes inside, and filled with boxes and models.

So anyway, turns out they were pretty decent guys who make models to sell on e-bay. So I confirmed my purchase and collected it the day before my anniversary. Unfortunately the acrylic casing couldn't make it in time, so now the tank is quite exposed. But hey, it's the thought that counts right?

Cobby like the gift, afterall, it's his favourite model. But too bad he wasn't too surprised. I had to confirm with him that it's Merkava 4 that he likes, not Merkava 3, so it sort of let the cat out of the cat. Meow~!

But he said that he liked it and it's very well made, so that made me very happy! What a unique gift! Happy Anniversary Dear!



No comments: