Monday, August 9, 2010

National Day 2010

Woke up early on National Day due to Jolie, so I thought to give everybody a treat by making pancakes!



Jolie being entertained by our babysitter (a.k.a. The TV) while I make breakfast.



It's a public holiday, so I thought I let Cobby sleep in until breakfast was ready.



After our yummy breakfast, we hung around the house until it was time for lunch. Sis was back in town for National Day, so all of us dressed up in RED and headed over to a Weiye's place for lunch. When we arrived, almost EVERYBODY was dressed in red, well, except for the older aunties and uncles. It's kindda funny cause there was NO dress code for this lunch. It was just great initiative from everyone. :)

Mom even went early to lent a hand in preparing the feast, and what a feast it was! Seriously, there was SO MUCH food, I stared at the overflowing table, not knowing where to start. So while Jolie was busy playing with all the other children there, Cobby and I dig in. But in the end I could only eat a little of everything, and I was stuffed!

My Sis's in-law side of the family was all there, even my cousin, Linda was there. The last time I saw her was during Jolie's full month party, and I didn't have much chance to chat with her then. So that afternoon, it's nice that we got to sit down together to actually chit chat with her.

There were alot of children and Jolie had plenty of fun playing with them, but as usual, she seemed more comfortable playing around us than with the older kids. Linda and Yee Mei said that it's normal for 1st born kids and they'll grow out of it. Hope so, I don't want Jolie to be anti-social or something.

In the mid afternoon, when we were all stuffed and Jolie way pass her nap time, we said our farewell. Cobby wanted to watch the NDP at home, so we just hung out at home the rest of the day.

I like how the day went. Spending time with family and friends, hanging out at our home sweet home, and ending the day with me singing, dancing and cheering at the TV screen. I'm such a sucker for NDP, I love watching the military march pass and I get all choked up with emotion on national day songs (especially HOME by Kit Chan) and reciting the pledge. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

P.S. Will add more pics when I get them from Sis. :)

No comments: