Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary

Cobby was all mysterious and secretive about how we're going to celebrate our anniversary, but seldom could he keep secrets from me, so I have a few suspicions...

1. Going Malaysia? - Couldn't be, he didn't ask me to bring passport
2. He said we're going overseas - so if no passport is involved, Sentosa must be it.
3. He was doing a bad job at acting dumb the other day when I mentioned how lovely the Siloso Beach Resort looked. So most likely Sentosa.
4. Complained that he had to at least tell me what to bring, so he said swimsuit. Hmmm... most likely a hotel or resort at Sentosa. Are we going to the Genting Resort world? Spending a day at Universal Studios? Or checking into one of the hotels there and spending a day at Sentosa?



So we dropped Jolie at Mom's place, grabbed a quick breakfast at MacDonald's, and true enough, we're heading towards Sentosa! We drove pass Genting Resort World, so Universal Studio's out. Then after awhile of driving and asking for directions, we arrived at our destination!

Spa Botanica

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. Afterall, don't we share the same indifference to spa experiences? So we're spending a whole day doing this? But even so, I did heard about Spa Botanica before, and it's supposed to be quite famous, as compared to the one we had in Phuket. So I was ready to give it a chance.

I only know that we're there for the Couple's Treatment and nothing else, so when the staff lead me to the ladies changing room to get changed, I was ready confused as to what the heck I'm suppose to do next. She showed me to my locker, showed me the bathrobe, disposable undies and slippers. Then she showed me where the indoor jacuzzi was, where are the bathrooms were, and then just wished me a pleasant treatment.

.......

Erm... so... what am I supposed to do? I think I should remove my clothes, but do I need to wear the disposable undies? Or go naked all the way? I better wear the undies, or else the massage ladies may think I'm some weird woman. So... now that I'm undressed, where do I go? Do I enjoy the indoor jacuzzi by myself? But it's a couple therapy right? So after some thought, I guess I should go look for Cobby outside. That was a good move, cause apparently there was a lady outside the changing room waiting for me. Thank goodness! So she led me to our personal villa, where Cobby was waiting for me.

It was such a beautiful little place! There was the main massage room with two 'beds', behind was a beautiful little open air jacuzzi. So we started with a foot scrub while sipping tea, then we moved inside and enjoyed our dry body massage, which was like a salt and spices scrub. After the scrub, the ladies leave us to shower and gave us 20mins to enjoy the open air jacuzzi. The water was WARM! SO SUPER DUPER NICE LOR!!! It's like having a open air bath with jacuzzi! SHIOK MAN! Some more got a squirrel running around in the trees above us. :)

After the bath we carried on with the oil massage, it was SO GOOD, halfway through, I don't know when, I fell asleep and so did Cobby! Haha... So the ladies woke us up and led us to the restaurant, where we had our lunch. OK, to be honest, lunch wasn't that fantastic as it was a little too healthy for us. Haha... It's fancy healthy sandwiches with chips made out of root vegetables.

During lunch, we were laughing about how we were like two pieces of meat, being prepared to be cooked. 1st they tenderize the meat by kneading it, rub spices all over it, and later rub oil all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if we find a campfire outside the villa, in preparation to skewer us and roast us over the fire! Haha...

But honestly I think the whole session was fantastic. Taking care of a toddler is physically quite demanding, so the message really helped rub away all the soreness and gave us a good opportunity to relax and be pampered. Now the idea of going to a spa is nothing less of a genius! Really thankful to Cobby for thinking of that.

After lunch it started to rain big time, but since we're entitled to stay till 6pm, we didn't care and changed into our swimming costume. They have this amazing little waterfall pool with floating mattress on it, a mud pool(it was raining, so we didn't try that), and a Olympic size pool with surprisingly warm water. We didn't take any photos inside cause, well, we were mostly naked with only a bathrobe. But after awhile I felt a little bored, so we packed up and left.

Really felt like having coffee, so we headed toward Vivo for our caffeine fix and enjoy a really sinful chocolate lava cake.



I bought some nice hairband too!



I wanted to have dinner somewhere new, so I suggested going to Sunset Grill, this restaurant at Seletar Airbase. They have this famous Buffalo Wings that was supposedly super duper spicy. On the menu was only level 1-10, and there's the level 30 if you are up for a challenge! Look at all these crazy people!



We ordered half a dozen of level 3, thinking that it couldn't be THAT spicy. Oh boy were we wrong! IT WAS FREAKING HOT!



We couldn't finish the wings, each of us only ate 2 pieces before surrendering. I really COULD NOT imagine level 30. Seriously. Anyway, we also ordered calamari, steak for me and pork chops for Cobby.



Frankly speaking, not that I'm a sore loser or anything, but the buffalo wings were not that tasty. It tasted heavily of dried chilli and some other spice, and seriously, not very tasty. The steak was very tough even though I ordered medium doneness, and Cobby's pork chop wasn't that fantastic either. I guess people like this place just to boast how much spice they can handle? Or maybe it's the secluded peaceful outdoor seating right next to a airfield. Anyway, we don't get it, and we probably wouldn't go back again. But it did end a very special day on an interesting note.

How time flies, it's been three years since the big wedding dinner. So much changes in our lives. I wonder how are we going to celebrate our wedding anniversary next year? :)

No comments: