Saturday, September 4, 2010

Universal Studios Again!

Cobby have yet to visit Universal Studios at Sentosa, so we decided to go together on Saturday. As usual, we left Jolie at my Mom's place before setting off to Vivo City for breakfast. I really like the roti prata at the Food Republic food court, so that was our breakfast. Yummy!



After a full stomach, we bought tickets for the monorail to Sentosa. I even helped a tourist having trouble with one of the machines. Just being a helpful ambassador! :) Even though it's my 2nd time there, it was still exciting to have finally reached Universal Studios!



Finally got Cobby there...



It's so different going with Cobby versus going with a group of ladies. For one, when I went with the girls, we spent almost 15mins outside the park, taking pictures of the globe before even getting in. And when we got in, we took another, oh I don't know another few hundred shots just at the entrance. Haha... With just the 2 of us, it's quite difficult to take any interesting shots! So we quickly moved to Madagascar land, took one or two pictures and moved on to Far Far Away land.



Very fast... note the timing on the photo...



We didn't have much luck with the mascots that day. Every time I see one, they were just about to leave. But Puss In Boots was kind enough to pose for us one more time before he left. Meow!



You know, they should make the fat version of him, like in Shrek 4. Wouldn't that be super adorable??



So we watched the Shrek 4D show next, which was great, but not so scary this time, because,
1) I know what was coming
2) No Wenjing screaming and grabbing me at every little scene. :)



We moved on to Jurassic Park next and headed straight for the water ride. I was prepared to get wet this time, so I even brought a ziplock bag to put our belongings. But Universal Studios got smart and started selling ponchos at the entrance of the ride. $2 each! But it was brilliant. Almost everybody bought one.



I waited till it was almost our turn before putting it on. It clings on to your skin like those cling wrap film, so it's pretty uncomfortable!



Our boat consist of four couples, including us, and one of the girls was so damn nervous. The other was going a little overboard with the poncho, even using a hair clip to secure the poncho near her face, making sure not a single drip of water gets to her precious hair. A little OTT if you ask me... A little water is what makes it fun right? The other couple didn't wear the poncho at all. I just hate the feeling of wet shorts, so poncho is fine by me. In the end? Scared girl's boyfriend and No-poncho boyfriend got the most wet as their side of the boat hit the water first. I didn't kanna much this time. :)

We stopped for lunch and had hotdogs. It wasn't as good as it looks, but it sure was filling! Which was a pretty bad idea cause we rode the gliding ride immediately after lunch. The ride was surprisingly fast and swung us left, right, up and down. Thank goodness the ride was quite short, because we seriously felt our lunch coming up after the ride stopped.

When we were sure our hotdogs stayed safely inside our tummies, I challenged Cobby to rock climbing. He was hesitant at first, but gave in eventually. He was quite good at it! Steadily gone all the way up to the top. Yeah Cobby!



I didn't do so well, I guess I was too anxious, so I slipped a few times before finally finding my footing and got my way up.



Oh my god our arms were burning when we got down! But it was really fun! We moved on to ride my favourite ride, which was the Mummy Returns indoor roller coaster ride. It was so fun we went twice! If not for the long queue, I seriously could go a few times more!

So the giant roller coaster wasn't ready yet, so as usual, we just walked right by and watched the Steven Spielberg's Movie Effect's show instead. Super cool, loved it!



I screamed so much in the Mummy ride my throat was being to feel sore. So we rested at the diner for some drinks. Cobby wanted to have coffee, but I couldn't resist ordering the chocolate milkshake! Afterall, we're in a diner right? :)



The milkshake was super thick, creamy and chocolate-ty, but I was a little disappointed that they didn't serve it in a sundae glass. The onion rings was surprisingly good! We polished them off within minutes! As we were finishing, there was some performance outside the diner, so I thought I take some pictures. Who knew that one of the dancer would suddenly lift up her skirt! Took a pictures of her "undies" unintentionally hor...



There was a "Monster Rock" show starting, so we just walked over and watched the show in the theater. It wasn't very spectacular, but it was interesting enough...



So that ends our visit! On the way out, we bought a T-shirt for me and a funny flower hairband for Jolie. She loved it!




Thankfully it wasn't very sunny, but we were totally burned out by the end of the day. It was really fun and we promised that we'll be back when the roller coaster comes back on in a few months time. :)

No comments: