Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bro's Birthday

Bro's birthday was actually on the 30 Aug, but I asked him to go over to Mom's place on Tuesday for dinner instead. Besides, we were planning a family vacation in December and we needed to meet up to discuss the logistics. I remembered him complimenting my brownies during Jolie's birthday, so I baked a batch of brownies, but in cupcake form for him as a birthday gift. :)



I cycle to Mom's place with Jolie every Tuesday, so I tied the box of cupcakes onto the back of the bike and off we went!



The ride was quite ok, but I had to look back every once in a while, especially after crossing a bump on the road, to check if the box was still strapped onto the bike. Thankfully, we all survived the trip, at least it's easier than taking the bus with Jolie, her diaper bag and the box of cupcake!

As usual, Bro was late for dinner. By the time he got home, it was almost 8pm, everybody else had eaten, and I was just preparing dessert for everybody. I bought a tub of vanilla ice cream, so while Bro was eating dinner, I warmed up the brownie cup cake and serve it with a scoop of ice cream to Cobby and Dad.

After Bro had his dinner, I made one serving for him too, but with an added surprise.






Bro really liked it, and was all praises while having a second helping. I really enjoyed watching him enjoy what I made. Jolie of course couldn't resist and kept asking for some while her uncle ate. I think that was the best thing about making food, to watch people eat it and enjoy it. :)

There was a second part to the present, which was this wacky glasses I bought at Vivo a few weeks ago. I know that if anybody would appreciate a wacky present, it would be bro. And I was right.



After watching her uncle wear the funny glasses, Jolie wanted to try them on too!



Even Dad wanted to try them on...



So the night ended on a fun note. Everybody ate their fill and laughed out loud.

No comments: