Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour 2011

How time flies! Another year has gone by. Looking back at last year's post, Jolie was still so little. :)

As usual, since it was a Saturday, Cobby and I went gai-gai during the day. Nothing much to do, so we hung out at Marina Square. While we were there, there was a rock climbing competition! It was quite entertaining to watch the youngsters crack their brains, trying to find a way to climb up those walls with minimum places to hold!



I wanted to get a pair of sunglasses for when I'm riding my bicycle, so I found this one. (Excuse my bad hair and lack of make-up...)



For dinner, we ate at the Singapore Food Trail below the Singapore Flyer. That night we went home and got quite sick. I vomited my undigested dinner and felt better after that, but poor Cobby suffered from diarrhoea for the next few days! I know we ate alot of stuff that day, but my main suspect was the dinner. -_-

Anyway, the place was super crowded, so by the time we fetched Jolie home, it was just minutes to Earth Hour! I quickly showered and managed to come out in time. So we proceeded with switching off all the lights and power switches in the house. But it was such a warm evening that we brought the fan into the study room and just hung out. I can't remember what we did last year, so I dug up some of Jolie's leftover candles, put them in a tupperware and lit them.



As you can see, the wind from the fan blew so much wind around the room, the candles burnt out within minutes. So we had to hang around in the dark. Seriously, I need to buy some torch lights. -_- By the way, this Earth Hour made me realize that my new phone DOES NOT HAVE FLASH LIGHTS. WTF??? There was only a little 'phone light'. SO LAME! I miss my Cybershot. :(

I think Jolie was a little puzzled why we were sitting in the dark doing nothing and demanded that we watch cartoons. How to explain to a 2 year old about Earth Hour??? So we brought out Cobby's tablet PC and let her play Angry Bird.



I think the lights of the tablet PC was a little bright, but we played for only a few minutes before it was time to go back to civilization! Yeah! As usual, we were reminded of how wonderful electricity was and we thank all the dudes who invented air-conditioning, TV and the Internet. :)

No comments: