Monday, March 21, 2011

A new citizen

Congratulations to me! For I am finally a citizen to the world of smartphones! No, I did not buy me an iPhone, but a brand new, Xperia X10.



I'm not so good explaining all the technical stuff, so check out their website if you're interested. Anyway, I have been craving for a new gadget for a while now, it's just that I was so torned and confused!

tablet PC or smart phones?
iPad or Samsung Galaxy pad?
iPhone or Xperia?

Finally I decided on getting a smart phone. But I wanted something different, so instead of an iPhone, I got a Xperia X10. Furthermore, I got a $100 voucher from Starhub for me to renew my contract, so we headed down to Plaza Singapura to get my new phone!

After waiting forever, I finally got it! It's beautiful, but I was worried at first. My new data plan wouldn't be activated in another 24 hours, so I didn't have any Internet connection. Besides, it looked so intimidating! So many functions and buttons on the touch screen and I have no idea what most of them do!

Oh my god, did I make a mistake to buy this phone? Yes, after the promotions and the voucher, the phone cost ONLY S$68.00. Previously, changing phones was like, moving your home from Sembawang to Punggol. Minor inconvenience, but most things were different yet same. But owning this new phone was like, migrating to a whole new country where they speak a different language and everything works differently! But Cobby reassured me that I just needed some time to get used to the phone, and when I have the Internet running, everything would turn out fine.

True enough, when we got home, my phone came alive with the detection of our home's wireless broadband, and we've been best friends ever since! I have joined the army of smartphone users, and have succumbed to activities that had detest me before. My phone is never far away, my face is constantly buried in my shiny touch screen. Every spare time I have would be spend exploring the endless types of apps.

My infatuation with my new toy has unfortunately caused some distance between Cobby, Jolie and I, so I compensated Jolie by getting some educational apps and letting her watch cartoon via YOUTUBE. As for Cobby, perhaps he could be seduced into the dark side into getting tablet PC? Join us... Muahahaha...!

No comments: