Sunday, March 6, 2011

Henderson Wave and DNA Bridge

On Friday morning, Cobby was on leave, so we chio parents for breakfast. After breakfast, we decided to have an impromptu trip to Henderson Wave!

Even though it was only 10am plus in the morning, there wasn't a single cloud in the sky! Freaking hot and sunny! But the bridge was as beautiful as I remembered it to be, and it was less crowded as it was, afterall, a weekday morning.



I can understand why so many people would love to take their wedding photos here. The surrounding was so scenic and the bridge was so beautiful and rustic and romantic all at the same time! You know, on a cooler day, if you lie down on the sides, the wind would blow through the gaps, and it would be like an air-conditioned lounge chair!



Thankfully my Mom was always equipped with her trusty umbrella. Kept Jolie from having a heat stroke.



Took a great photo with my phone, unfortunately I put on the wrong shooting mode and ended up with an over-exposed shot. :(



The bridge was taller on one side, so it was sloped downwards. Poor Cobby had to spend most of his time stopping Jolie from running full-speed down the bridge! That girl was out of control!!! But she was having too much fun to care about her life and death.



Another day, my parents and I were reminiscing about good steak dinners we had in the past, so I suggested that on Saturday night, we all go out for a good steak dinner. So on Saturday, after Cobby and I had finished our movie in the afternoon, we headed back to Mom's place, picked them up and headed out again to CHIJMES for dinner at Hog's Breadth Cafe. After a stuffing dinner, we drove to Marina Square, parked the car there and walked to the DNA bridge.



We have been there during the day, but the visiting the bridge at night really feels very different. There were lights everywhere, the reflections on the metal frame, the beautiful night view of the cityscape, the lighted Singapore flyer, even the Marina Bay Sands looked so beautiful at night!



Sometimes I wonder what tourist find so attractive of our little island. It's nights like these, where you leave the comforts of your couch and TV, and you go out there and see what the tourists see, then you can be reminded how beautiful our Singapore has become within these few years. I felt like a little like a tourist that night, looking around with "Oooo and Aaahhh...", and I can't help but feel a little proud to be part of this country that all those people around were complimenting.

Of course, I think the person who had the most fun that night has to be our little Jolie. We think it must be the ice cream that was giving her the sugar rush, because she was running, screaming and talking (in her baby language) at full speed!



As usual, poor Cobby had to be the one who had to chase after her. Thank you my dear! 辛苦了! When we finally decided to go back, ALL of us were totally beat, if I had known we were going to walk this much, I wouldn't have worn my stupid heels! Jolie was way past her bedtime, so as tired as I was, I had to keep her awake until we get home. Which was close to an hour of games, making funny faces and tickling her. EXHAUSTED...!

I admit that this was all very fun, but seriously, I think we can limit outings like this to just once or twice a month. I think I'm getting old. :)

No comments: