Sunday, April 10, 2011

Salsa!

It's quite unbelievable, but Cobby and I have signed up to learn Salsa! I have always wanted to learn this exotic and sexy dance, but Cobby always complained of having two left feet and I didn't want to dance with some stranger. Even when he agreed to go learn dancing (reluctantly) a few months ago, we didn't actually act on it. One evening during dinner, I was making small talk about the show "Dancing with the stars", when suddenly he said, "let's go learn dancing."

I was stunned by his sudden desire of course, but apparently he was feeling quite bored with the monotonous daily routine of work, home, work, home, work, home. So I happily signed us up for some Salsa Dancing! When we went to the studio to sign up, we saw an ongoing class. The students were SO GOOD! I saw the worried look on Cobby's face and I knew what he was thinking. So I asked the guy at the counter what class was that and he replied that that was the advanced class and they were rehearsing for their performance. Apparently they have been dancing for more than 5 years! I looked back at Cobby and I could tell that he was relieved. Know him too well!

When the day of the 1st class came, which was on a Sunday afternoon, I was feeling a little resistant. As usual, thinking that maybe this was a bad idea, and we should be lazing around at home or something. But we went anyway, and it was fun!

Everybody in our class was around our age, no old foggies. Most people were very friendly and fun, there were even people who came by themselves. I can understand single girls who want to learn how to dance for fun, but I was curious about the single guys who signed up. Did they really wanted to learn how to dance salsa? Or are they here just to pick up girls? Heehee... OK, I'm mean, maybe it's a little of both, nothing wrong with that.

Our instructors were supposed to be June and Jackson, the owners of the studio, but Jackson was away, so it was only June and a replacement teacher. It was quite intimidating as the dance looked difficult, but when they started teaching us, it was actually not too difficult! I looked at Cobby every once in awhile and he looked SO SERIOUS! But I loved it that he was putting so much effort into it.

During class, we had to rotate partners as different people have different styles. It was quite awkward as I have never danced with another man before, I was so SHY! Hahaha... I didn't even dare look into their eyes! But some of them are quite good while most of them were terrible! OK lah, give credit as it was our 1st lesson. One of the guys reminded me of Phillip, but taller.

Before we know it, 1 hour have passed and class was over! We were having so much fun! Can't wait for the next class to come! Unfortunately Cobby couldn't join me next week as he would be working. :( Also, my heels were too tall! Very hard to turn. Think have to get another pair. Shopping time! :)

Didn't take any photos in class for obvious reasons, so we posed for the camera when we got home that night. :)

My side profile looked so fat! Jolie photobombed us!

Seeing us dance, Jolie got into the mood and started dancing too!





Another fun day in our home. :)

No comments: